Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Blackhorse

One of the Regulars
Not Bogqrt...

It wasn't a photo, it's a link to my extremely recent photobucket album page. Try clicking it or copy and paste and then click "my album" when you get there. It works for me...maybe for you as well?

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Color

Not-Bogart13--
Blackhorse Great looking hat. Is that brim turned down all around, or is it just the angle?

Joel Isn't Mojave a fantastic color!?!

WEEGEE What color is that "Hoosier". It's really sharp.

NB

The "Hossier" color is Hat--Chocolate
Ribbon--Silver with Taupe
Hoosier_1.jpg

Barry

Practically Family
Brown is next...

I would like to get a new brown hat in several months. I got rid of one that I had and my only brown hat is a 1950's "back bow" Mallory. I'm anxious to see what Analogist and Art are cooking up next :rolleyes:.

Barry

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah, I Like it! It looks similar to an old Borsalino I saw in a book. I gotta find that.
Is this a limited edition hat?

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Yes...

Douglas,

Yes, two of the ten are spoken for as far as i know. Only the Man (Art)

can answer for sure.

happy end and begining'

michael

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Oh…my…goodness…

…I so did not need to see this thread.

:eek: :(

So many amazing hats - and I have so little funds…curse house purchasing.

Chanfan

A-List Customer
I can see it now -

"Yeah, honey. I need to skip the mortgage payment this month. I know it's our first payment, but - err, uhh - my job requires that my had match my shirt. Yeah, that's the ticket."

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Chanfan said:
I can see it now -

"Yeah, honey. I need to skip the mortgage payment this month. I know it's our first payment, but - err, uhh - my job requires that my had match my shirt. Yeah, that's the ticket."

You might try deducing your hat purchases on your income taxes under work clothes/uniforms. I'm sure Uncle Sam would understand, after all he's a hat guy too.

duggap

Banned
Tom, nice looking hat. I have been wanting to see one of those models on someone to see what it looks like. Definitely am considering ordering one of them. Man, it looks like it fits you perfectly. :)

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Duggap, AlanC, Indycop thank you for the kind compliments

Art makes really great hats.

Since this Wall street hat is a limited version – my serial No is 9 maybe you should better hurry up.
I have a heavy face and I am tall, so therefore a narrow brim and a short crown would be quite a laugh on my head.
Wall street is a long brim tall crown model – it is a time capsule to the Golden Era. Details are very precise the bound edge is great the color harmonies are overwhelming and the ribbon is a beauty. I did snap the brim this way – the hat takes it. The feel of the hat must be experienced it is very smooth. I am happy to own such a hat – it fits perfectly although I did not have the luck to meet Mr. Fawcett in his workshop neither did we use a conformateur!

The beaver felt is so much different from rabbit hairs - still I will not wear it in rain without umbrella - as felt fedoras get wavy and loose shape as a professional hatter explained and I experienced with my rabbit fedora.
The hat is not more a living organism the individual hairs are processed and have no more natural fats in the cutaneous layer and no more capillaries to resupply them so they react differently to pouring rain as the fur of the alive beaver when it swims.

I am a totally satisfied customer.

Thanks once again.

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points