Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I apologize for the crummy pictures. I don't think we'll have natural light again in Oregon until about June 2017... They don't do justice to this most excellent fedora, my 1st Work of Art. It's silvermist with a dark burgundy ribbon and bow, with bow highlights of navy and silvermist; bound 2-5/8" brim bound in silvermist ribbon, 1/2" I think. I told Art I wanted something for sunny days in spring, summer and early fall. Bullseye!

Moon/Anthony is right when he talks about opening up a box like this. It's ethereal with all the sights, smells, textures, etc. A guy could get addicted to this stuff!

The felt is buttery smooth, dense but thin and very malleable for bashing. The hat I own currently that is closest to this feel is a properly well-used 40's Stetson I grabbed on ebay. So nice... I haven't decided yet on the creases, so that will play out as I go along. It has an extremely classy, removeable satin liner and a small tippet in the top for hot days.

Guys, I can't say enough about this hat and how precise and professional Art has been through the entire process. Thank you, Art, for an outstanding hat. I'll be very proud to wear this beauty.

I'll share this. I used to tease my mom endlessly because she would cry watching commercials and even sit-coms on tv. Well, as I get older I seem to be much more sensitive to things. Taking in all of this, especially the work and artistry involved, makes me tear up, just a little. Thanks to my new friend in Medford, Art Fawcett. I'm proud to know the man.

i-4f5v8cV-M.jpg

i-KxLL66T-M.jpg

i-HSb58tX-M.jpg

i-37WzZT9-M.jpg

i-DRXbdqz-L.jpg

i-vhQnc3p-L.jpg

i-bhFq5NT-L.jpg

i-8r99LCk-L.jpg

Brim snapped down in front (as it should be!) :)

i-JJKpqJG-L.jpg

Lousy picture of the liner with my initials in the sweatband:
i-w7dhWhM-L.jpg

And the tippet:
i-SpMpzXL-L.jpg

i-r4k2Jc5-L.jpg

Worlds worst noggin shots:

i-jCfq9jK-L.jpg

i-z4XGKbG-L.jpg

i-4SLn8sN-L.jpg
Beautiful hat. Love the color and creases. Now get dressed.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I apologize for the crummy pictures. I don't think we'll have natural light again in Oregon until about June 2017... They don't do justice to this most excellent fedora, my 1st Work of Art. It's silvermist with a dark burgundy ribbon and bow, with bow highlights of navy and silvermist; bound 2-5/8" brim bound in silvermist ribbon, 1/2" I think. I told Art I wanted something for sunny days in spring, summer and early fall. Bullseye!

Moon/Anthony is right when he talks about opening up a box like this. It's ethereal with all the sights, smells, textures, etc. A guy could get addicted to this stuff!

The felt is buttery smooth, dense but thin and very malleable for bashing. The hat I own currently that is closest to this feel is a properly well-used 40's Stetson I grabbed on ebay. So nice... I haven't decided yet on the creases, so that will play out as I go along. It has an extremely classy, removeable satin liner and a small tippet in the top for hot days.

Guys, I can't say enough about this hat and how precise and professional Art has been through the entire process. Thank you, Art, for an outstanding hat. I'll be very proud to wear this beauty.

I'll share this. I used to tease my mom endlessly because she would cry watching commercials and even sit-coms on tv. Well, as I get older I seem to be much more sensitive to things. Taking in all of this, especially the work and artistry involved, makes me tear up, just a little. Thanks to my new friend in Medford, Art Fawcett. I'm proud to know the man.

i-4f5v8cV-M.jpg

i-KxLL66T-M.jpg

i-HSb58tX-M.jpg

i-37WzZT9-M.jpg

i-DRXbdqz-L.jpg

i-vhQnc3p-L.jpg

i-bhFq5NT-L.jpg

i-8r99LCk-L.jpg

i-JJKpqJG-L.jpg

i-w7dhWhM-L.jpg

And the tippet:
i-SpMpzXL-L.jpg

i-r4k2Jc5-L.jpg

i-jCfq9jK-L.jpg

i-z4XGKbG-L.jpg

i-4SLn8sN-L.jpg
Very nice Fed!

KY Crusader

A-List Customer

i-4f5v8cV-M.jpg

i-KxLL66T-M.jpg

i-HSb58tX-M.jpg

i-37WzZT9-M.jpg

i-DRXbdqz-L.jpg

i-vhQnc3p-L.jpg

i-bhFq5NT-L.jpg

i-8r99LCk-L.jpg

i-JJKpqJG-L.jpg

i-w7dhWhM-L.jpg

And the tippet:
i-SpMpzXL-L.jpg

i-r4k2Jc5-L.jpg

i-jCfq9jK-L.jpg

i-z4XGKbG-L.jpg

i-4SLn8sN-L.jpg
Even with the less-than-optimal photos, the quality of this hat shines through. Wonderful color combo and proportions. I'll have to add it to my growing HILC list (Hats I'd Like to Clone).

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

i-4f5v8cV-M.jpg

i-KxLL66T-M.jpg

i-HSb58tX-M.jpg

i-37WzZT9-M.jpg

i-DRXbdqz-L.jpg

i-vhQnc3p-L.jpg

i-bhFq5NT-L.jpg

i-8r99LCk-L.jpg

i-JJKpqJG-L.jpg

i-w7dhWhM-L.jpg

And the tippet:
i-SpMpzXL-L.jpg

i-r4k2Jc5-L.jpg

i-jCfq9jK-L.jpg

i-z4XGKbG-L.jpg

i-4SLn8sN-L.jpg
Now, you own a real hat my friend, soon you will own 2 with the Black Cherry, you will get used to great hats....I hope you still keep and wear the not so great ones !!

I am very happy for you !!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Now, you own a real hat my friend, soon you will own 2 with the Black Cherry, you will get used to great hats....I hope you still keep and wear the not so great ones !!

I am very happy for you !!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Gracias, amigo, por su inspiracion y aliento. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider