Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am torn...would love to own one but here in rainy Vancouver my panamas dont get much head time and i fear a milan would just sit
Ah, go for it. That's why God made umbrellas. What's particularly great about Art's Milans is that they go so well with just about any warm-weather outfit, casual or dressy. They're the ones I find myself reaching for every day, and, as I've noted elsewhere, they just get better looking with time.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
I am torn...would love to own one but here in rainy Vancouver my panamas dont get much head time and i fear a milan would just sit
I am in the same weather situation as you are, I live just 40 minutes northeast of Seattle. Still worth it to me for the 3 months of good weather that we get here. These are to be my first summer hats. I find the felt hats that I have purchased or made are a little warm during those 3 months but perfect the other 9 months out of the year. Don't let the rain hold you back.

When you wear a hat from Art Fawcett's Vintage Silhouettes you are literally the cock of the walk!

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
When you wear a hat from Art Fawcett's Vintage Silhouettes you are literally the cock of the walk!

LOL, great prop Jack!!!!! Thank you for all the kind comments Gentlemen. I have an interview with a local media outlet in a few minutes but later today will be making what for me is a big announcement. This is exciting, stay with me

I have two very lightweight felts...one from Art and one from Mike @NW that are my transition to summer hats and then it is Panama time.
I think I shall add a real Milan from Art to my list and jettison my Dobbs plastic Milan.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
I have two very lightweight felts...one from Art and one from Mike @NW that are my transition to summer hats and then it is Panama time.
I think I shall add a real Milan from Art to my list and jettison my Dobbs plastic Milan.
I don't think you will be disappointed in making that decision. I can't wait to pick up my summer hats from Art.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Governor? Now there's a thought!!! " A hat in every home!!!"
OK, I don't have any professional pics yet but the idea of having a "production" hat being made here using everyone, not just myself has been percolating for over a year. Well, the first model has been designed, and made, with my newly printed liner. I am not dropping my original liner, just separating the hats that are made by the group, and the ones that are only made with my hands. The VS hats will be priced competitively with other custom hatters and maintain the quality we are known for. Price target for rabbit hats is $195 and beaver at $295. Also, as I can get photographed, I'm adding Panama's on the new site, yup, NEW WEBSITE. I'm asking that it go live tomorrow albeit unfinished to a degree. Since I had little to do with the making, I'll be learning it as you do and making subtle changes. Another Member surprised me with it earlier this year but only now have I had the time to invest. Tremendous changes this year, a lot to keep up with. SO, here is the first felt design, we have only 6 made at the moment, ugly pics and all
20170627_121656.jpg

20170627_121756.jpg

Haven't named the hat yet, any suggestions? It is Dove, 2 3/8 brim, black 16 ligne ribbon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21