Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I hope to put a deposit on one of Art's creation this month. The only problem is deciding which one! I first wanted the midnite blue limited, Along with my wife, But I absolutely love the moss! I also like the hoosier and the......:eusa_doh: [huh]

HungaryTom

One Too Many
That ribbon is one of the reason why I love this hat!

Clint,

It seems our tastes are the same. The ribbon treatment of Art is one of my favorites. He did great job both on my Montecristi and on this beaver beauty with his bold ribbons.
This hat is 7 5/8 (61 cm). The ribbon is 2+ inches (6 cm). The crown is quite tall: the highest point is between 5+ inches (13-14 cm).
Art can be maybe more exact in measures – the beauty lies in the overall harmony.

Indy, I also begun to assemble my wish list of Art hats but I had to stop myself at 4:p …I must first earn the bucks to get them....highly addictive stuff:D

carter

I'll Lock Up
Great Hat Tom! :)

Art does it again.

I just received my Taos from Art recently and it's terrific.

He's working on a new hat for me inspired by a Templeform by Stylepark that I purchased a number of months ago. It'll be in rust felt with a forest green ribbon. I think it'll be called the Bobcat, after a hatpin I have for it. It's a birthday present to myself. ;)

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Dear All,

Thanks for the appreciations.

I am sure that whoever spends his money at Art Fawcett will be not disappointed by the services of this gentleman hatter.

It is namely also the man's personality not only the hats he makes that is outstanding.

fatwoul

Practically Family
I'm vulnerable and already love Art's work, so this is absolutely the worst thread you guys could have dug up right now. lol

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
My newest creation from Art should be arriving in a few days. Of course monday is Columbus Day so I have to wait a little longer still for the mailman... I'll post pics when she arrives (the hat that is,not the mailman).

SMCK

New in Town
a suitable warderobe.

I get by E mail every day or so Wills blog from A suitable wardrobe, perhaps many of you do.www.dynend.com click on blog.The latest 12th. october is about his new hat which is a porkpie commisioned from Art Fawcett. Will intends to wear this driving. However its a fine hat and another tribute to Art. Thought this might be of intrest to those who might not have seen it.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Back from Oregon

Where, in addition to a great time fishing with my godson, his brothers, and father, I was able to spend most of last Wednesday visiting with Art in his hat shop.

HungaryTom said:
It is namely also the man's personality not only the hats he makes that is outstanding.

Indeed, Tom. We actually spend a small percentage of our time talking about hats; conversation ranged over a number of topics and the time flew by. He also showed me how to properly install a sweatband, a skill I definitely need as I have a number of hats that need sweatband replacement.

While I was there I asked him to measure my head with the conformature so he has it in his files. Now I need to convince Rhonda that a VS hat is just the ting for Christmas! (Or Valentine's Day, or our anniversary, or my birthday... :D )

Art, thanks again for your hospitality!

Cheers,
Tom

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Everyone should see Will's Astaire porkpie, as SMCK mentioned above. His post on it is here. Here's the hat, and the inspiration:

astaireporkpievswill1cf2.jpg

astaireja4.jpg

HungaryTom

One Too Many
The new grading for Art fawcett beaver felt hats

XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX
Beaver (hint: those X number hundred ).;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto