Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artwork Featuring Hats

A few works by my Uncle Nat (Ramer) who came to this country in 1902 from Galicia (currently Ukraine). He worked as a WPA artist in the 1930s and continued to paint from his studio above Max's Kansas City in NYC into the 1980s. The first is an earlier work (1940s I would guess) which still displays a nod to fellow countryman Marc Chagall among others. The hats become harder to see in the later works. He always wore a beret in the years I knew him.

nat1.jpg

nat2.jpg

nat3.jpg

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Wow! Another great photo. The dragon just needs something to cozy up its horns in, that's all.
Is the peripheral blur effect post-production or straight from your camera?

This from the camera, I have a 50mm f1/4 that I like to play with.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
A few more of Paul Murrays works.

first up...
The Moonshiner.

c24_moonshiner_prelim_water.jpg

Shine Still....

e13_shine_still_pastel.jpg

John Proffit

e7_john_proffit_mini_pastel.jpg

Red and Dolly....

g16_red_and_dolly_pencil.jpg
I've never heard of this artist before but I'm an instant fan. I love Shine Still...that may be me, in a few years...

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Cool sketch, Michael!

Good work, speed! Are you an artist by profession?

Thanks for posting that link, Rusty. Incredible detail in his work! Nice to see that he appears to be making quite a good living from his labors.

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Great contributions, folks! :)

Here's an acrylic my nephew did when he was a high-school freshman. He didn't pursue art, much to my disappointment.

Sorry for the glare off the glass . . .

imagesex.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk