Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Thank you! I have grey and brown fedoras; the brown one will be replaced soon because it's rather ugly. I'll look for the color you suggested. You say there are other colors that might work? What about olive?

RIR is right. A neutral color like silverbelly or tan is very versatile for starters. As you'll see however, we like to mix it up and bend the rules around here, though.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

RIR is right. A neutral color like silverbelly or tan is very versatile for starters. As you'll see however, we like to mix it up and bend the rules around here, though.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
A good way to get a feel for what looks good is to follow the What Hat Are You Wearing Today thread. You will see a variety of styles, colors and looks. Be advised, you will succumb to the addiction more quickly this way. Don't take it all in at once, we can not be responsible for the results. I agree that a tan fedora is a good start.

Bertie.Wooster

One of the Regulars
I started on a Panama Pork pie, then a fedora I bought in Bavaria and then a boater. :)
I think fedoras and boaters are mine.

Hats are addictive and really beware, you might never get rid of it! :D

Plures

New in Town
Hey All,

I'm a newbie hat seeker and Fedora Lounge member. At the moment, I don't own any hats but do have a few vintage suits and some less than stellar ties. While scouring the Internet for inspiration, I came upon this photo of ol' Mussolini. I'm assuming he's wearing a fedora of sorts but I'm altogether clueless of either the style he's wearing or if he's just flattened the brim. Any clues? Like him, I'm Italian, short, and with a big head. Oh, I'm not bald or a fascist.

Plures

Attachments

• mussolini hat.jpg
    mussolini hat.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 88

Bertie.Wooster

One of the Regulars
Hey All,

I'm a newbie hat seeker and Fedora Lounge member. At the moment, I don't own any hats but do have a few vintage suits and some less than stellar ties. While scouring the Internet for inspiration, I came upon this photo of ol' Mussolini. I'm assuming he's wearing a fedora of sorts but I'm altogether clueless of either the style he's wearing or if he's just flattened the brim. Any clues? Like him, I'm Italian, short, and with a big head. Oh, I'm not bald or a fascist.

Plures
Hello Plures! Welcome to the Lounge!
You are going to enjoy your journey of vintage hats.
Looks like a Borsalino to me but I am not a expert.

Historically-wise, I don't think Mussolini is the type of man to steam his hat and flattened the brim......

Siôr Boyesen

New in Town
Siôr Boyesen here. New to The Fedora Lounge and looking for approval of my 'self-bashed' wool Homburg. Relatively new to wearing hats of this kind (Fedora, Homburg etc...) and would greatly appreciate a brutal honest opinion as to whether it suits my face. Thank you all for your time, sB.

P.S Don't mean to be self-centred just wondering if it suits me or if I'm just being paranoid. Danke schön!
b0e4e463-39ef-488a-82d7-fc7667dabe1d
upload_2017-1-9_17-28-0.png

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Siôr Boyesen here. New to The Fedora Lounge and looking for approval of my 'self-bashed' wool Homburg. Relatively new to wearing hats of this kind (Fedora, Homburg etc...) and would greatly appreciate a brutal honest opinion as to whether it suits my face. Thank you all for your time, sB.

Sir; The best advise I received when I joined the Fedora Lounge and asked a like opinion was wear the hat and do not let the hat wear you. Wear the hat proudly and you will find the hat works for you.

Disclaimer - Granted I am off an age and disposition that allows me to not feel pressure to conform to standards other than my own choosing.

Best, Eric -

I think it looks great, as well. You'll be less self-conscious bout wearing a hat after a while. I promise. Then you'll graduate to: "Why isn't everybody wearing a hat? They'd look better!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points