Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Look for symmetry = do some research on the Golden Ratio about what is pleasing to the eye. Most hat suitable postings talk about having your facial shape & hat in symmetry with the brim being the dividing line.
Cowboy hats throw all that out the window but a fedora is different. The crown height looks a little low compared to your face length. It also could be how you took the photo...

Look for symmetry = do some research on the Golden Ratio about what is pleasing to the eye. Most hat suitable postings talk about having your facial shape & hat in symmetry with the brim being the dividing line.
Cowboy hats throw all that out the window but a fedora is different. The crown height looks a little low compared to your face length. It also could be how you took the photo...

Dang, gt, they said there'd be no math. ☹️

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Thank you! That's awesome advice! Definitely just going to wear it. Rudolph Valentino to me is the king of style he was so damn on it! I'm 17 myself and determined to bring back the style of 1920s through to 1950/60s in terms of suits and hats etc. Thanks again for your reply, kind regards Siôr. sB
Good for you! Don't follow the crowd, lead it! It is refreshing to see a young person with a true sense of style. I commend you.

And my advice to you is...read read read the threads on this website, not only hats, but vintage clothing as well. This is your one stop shop for your new passion.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
If you like it. Wear it. It looks real good on you.

Your pic showed up sideways on my screen, though. I flipped it for a better look...

homburg.jpg

Yup. It looks good.

Wesslyn

Practically Family
"Graduating" to fur is a loose term I think. I still wear wool occasionally. Just as long as walmart cotton twill trilbies are avoided, I appreciate anyone's hat efforts. Besides, we can't all be lucky enough to have a Stetson St Regis. Keep your eyes peeled in antique shops, thrift stores, etsy and ebay. You may find a nice fur hommy for a lot less than you expect.

willyto

One Too Many
Wearing hats and caps needs some time to get used to. Once time passes by it just feels natural, it's completely normal, specially nowadays that wearing something on your head is seen as rare.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kinda had the same problem of self confidence when I started wearing fedoras all the time. After I finally broke down and bought several nice fedoras it all changed. Now I get compliments from people I've never met. At work; people I never had association with want to talk to me about my fedoras.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm going to take my wife to Alaska this August. Will be spending one week inland and one week on a cruise. I obviously can't pack several fedoras. Some of the excursions will involve being on salt water on smaller boats. Maybe even kayaks. I need some suggestions on the one fedora (or maybe two) that I should take.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk