• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Ask a question, get an answer

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Lefty, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Siôr Boyesen

Siôr Boyesen New in Town

Thank you! I'd love to buy a fur Homburg but just can't afford it :/ Sad times but I'm hoping to grab a fur hat one day!
    sB

Zombie_61 and M Hatman like this.
  2. Yep, the hat suits you as does the bath robe, just stay away from the sheep. :D

Bob Roberts likes this.
  3. I think it looks great, as well. You'll be less self-conscious bout wearing a hat after a while. I promise. Then you'll graduate to: "Why isn't everybody wearing a hat? They'd look better!"

M Hatman likes this.
  4. Siôr Boyesen

Siôr Boyesen New in Town

Woah wasn't expecting this much reply on my first thread! Thank you all!
    sB

Zombie_61, M Hatman and Bob Roberts like this.
  5. We'll get tired of you in a few weeks then ignore you.

Zombie_61, Frunobulax and Rogera like this.
  6. Rogera

Rogera Call Me a Cab

It's the Fedora Lounge, when it comes to hats ask and ye shall receive!

Zombie_61 and M Hatman like this.
  7. Siôr Boyesen

Siôr Boyesen New in Town

I'll be sure to only ever post when I've acquired a new hat :)

Bob Roberts likes this.
  8. Rogera

Rogera Call Me a Cab

Ha ha!!

Bob Roberts likes this.
  9. Look for symmetry = do some research on the Golden Ratio about what is pleasing to the eye. Most hat suitable postings talk about having your facial shape & hat in symmetry with the brim being the dividing line.
    Cowboy hats throw all that out the window but a fedora is different. The crown height looks a little low compared to your face length. It also could be how you took the photo...

Redfokker and Bob Roberts like this.
  10. Dang, gt, they said there'd be no math. ☹️

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

M Hatman, jackm, Rogera and 1 other person like this.
  11. Siôr Boyesen

Siôr Boyesen New in Town

Will do! Thanks again for this information! Crown height is 4 1/2! Might be the angle of the photo

Rogera and Redfokker like this.
  12. Or the angle of the dangle...?

Rogera and Redfokker like this.
  13. Good for you! Don't follow the crowd, lead it! It is refreshing to see a young person with a true sense of style. I commend you.

And my advice to you is...read read read the threads on this website, not only hats, but vintage clothing as well. This is your one stop shop for your new passion.

Wesslyn and Bob Roberts like this.
  14. Don't get too hung up on the maths, ratios & such are fine on paper but difficult to follow in real life. If you like a hat, that's all that matters.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Zombie_61, Wesslyn, Redfokker and 3 others like this.
  15. T Jones

T Jones My Mail is Forwarded Here

If you like it. Wear it. It looks real good on you.

Your pic showed up sideways on my screen, though. I flipped it for a better look...

[​IMG]

Yup. It looks good.

RBH, Zombie_61, M Hatman and 5 others like this.
  16. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

+1

T Jones likes this.
  17. Siôr Boyesen

Siôr Boyesen New in Town

Well I can't thank you all enough! I'll do my best to carry on the style! Thanks everyone you've restored my faith in sporting a hat. Kind regards, Siôr Boyesen. sB

18. Wesslyn

Wesslyn A-List Customer

"Graduating" to fur is a loose term I think. I still wear wool occasionally. Just as long as walmart cotton twill trilbies are avoided, I appreciate anyone's hat efforts. Besides, we can't all be lucky enough to have a Stetson St Regis. Keep your eyes peeled in antique shops, thrift stores, etsy and ebay. You may find a nice fur hommy for a lot less than you expect.

Frunobulax and Bob Roberts like this.
  19. willyto

willyto A-List Customer

Wearing hats and caps needs some time to get used to. Once time passes by it just feels natural, it's completely normal, specially nowadays that wearing something on your head is seen as rare.

Bob Roberts likes this.
  20. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

some of my favorite advice from Duck Dunn