Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
Wait! What...? New open crown Stetson Strat for the price of a Camp Draft @ $106.00 USD.
I just realized what he's saying. WHERE???
If you're not my size, I will tell you ... or just search on the auction site. I am living "dangerously" as I should just BIN in case someone else gets it. Or maybe there is something wrong with it?

Last edited:

Willebe

A-List Customer
Yes, it was me, sorry for the confusion and delay (I was asleep, morning here now). It is clearance on auction site in my size and just a little more than a CD, not same price as I said. Am still trying to justify this given shipping and import duties . Need coffee now.
Nothing like a good cup of coffee to clear the head and loosen the wallet strings...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yun_bw

New in Town
Hi,

I wonder for a Panama hat sweat band material. Will cotton sweatband have a huge difference compare to leather?

Thank you

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
The leather is less impervious to sweat so the ribbon won't get sweats stains as readily. Cloth sweatbands can also stretch with wear, hence not fit properly.

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
Wait! What...? New open crown Stetson Strat for the price of a Camp Draft @ $106.00 USD.
I just realized what he's saying. WHERE???

Hard to tell if it's a legit Strat as the paper label says "Premier Stratoliner" but sweatband says "Royal Deluxe" - is that the same??

Hi,

I wonder for a Panama hat sweat band material. Will cotton sweatband have a huge difference compare to leather?

Thank you
I have Panama hats with both (not the same hat though). I much prefer the leather but they all originally came with the cloth sweat. I sent one out to Mike at NW to install the leather as it is a fino quality. The other two are my knockabout Panamas and I find the cloth sweat works fine, although I live in the Pac Northwest where the heat and humidity is on the low side so I don't sweat profusely. Once the hat is on my head I would be hard pressed to tell you if it had cloth or leather sweat.
They are lower quality hats and am content with them as they are. I think it is something one has to experience first hand to really discover personal preferences. For me it has been the fun part of collecting/wearing/enjoying. Much of my life is learning through trial and error.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hard to tell if it's a legit Strat as the paper label says "Premier Stratoliner" but sweatband says "Royal Deluxe" - is that the same??
I'm not sure. If it's a recent production open crown it should be the Premier. I'm thinking Royal "Deluxe" on the sweat may be an indication of that. Others here will def kno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points