Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Can anyone point me towards a good source for a Panama hat? Haven't been on the forums for quite a long time. Is Panama Bob still around? All I can come up with is Brent Black.
I just sold all mine. Several here use Panama Hats Direct. How much are you looking to spend?

Art Fawcett at Vintage Silhouettes has several grades of hat bodies. Mike Miller at NW Hat Co has some hat bodies, and John Penman has Cuenca and Montecristi hat bodies....

Anyone need a new avatar pic?

369895522105150it.jpg

I just sold all mine. Several here use Panama Hats Direct. How much are you looking to spend?

Art Fawcett at Vintage Silhouettes has several grades of hat bodies. Mike Miller at NW Hat Co has some hat bodies, and John Penman has Cuenca and Montecristi hat bodies....
Mike Miller has some nice panamas made up with a leather sweat and nice body for $185, worth every penny.

ojo

New in Town
I wanted to start a new thread, but only see options to answer older posts..
My question was: Is there anyone from Spain or Europe? Would love some advice to start hat making (I´m Spanish and looking for good suppliers)

I wanted to start a new thread, but only see options to answer older posts..
My question was: Is there anyone from Spain or Europe? Would love some advice to start hat making (I´m Spanish and looking for good suppliers)

Spend some time looking around and reading here. Your questions will be answered.

Why do you want to start making hats, if I may ask?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up

ojo

New in Town
Advice on making hats is equal to every one. Read this book -> https://archive.org/details/scientifichatfin00erma
If you need tools, Amador Roldan Jimenez makes complete sets, blocks, flanges... he is in Sevilla, Spain.

Joao, thank you so much for your quick response. I´m familiar with Hatblacks Roland from Sevilla. I already asked him some questions.
I´m very grateful for the link of the book you send me. That really makes my day!

PS: Are you a hat maker yourself?

ojo

New in Town
Spend some time looking around and reading here. Your questions will be answered.

Why do you want to start making hats, if I may ask?

Why do I want to start making hats, you ask. Or why the hats want that I start making them? ; )

For me it´s a combination of my background (Fine Arts, craftmanship), my love for hats and the fact that in Spain there´s very little artisan hat makers.

The hats called. I answered their call with a lot of entusiasm.

BTW: I´m very happy to have discovered this forum. All the question I ask mr. Google take me to Fedora Lounge!

Why do I want to start making hats, you ask. Or why the hats want that I start making them? ; )

For me it´s a combination of my background (Fine Arts, craftmanship), my love for hats and the fact that in Spain there´s very little artisan hat makers.

BTW: I´m very happy to have discovered this forum. All the question I ask mr. Google take me to Fedora Lounge!

Welcome aboard, Sir! Enjoy the journey, and best of luck in your search and endeavors!

humanshoes

One Too Many

Welcome to the madness ojo.

ojo

New in Town
I´m new in hat makers land and about to buy my first hat block. My question: is it a wise decision to order a Fedora set (brim + crown) size 57? Could I work with band stretchers to broaden this size up till a 59?

Another question: would it be better to buy a Fedora crown (because that´s the shape I´ll make most) or to buy an open crown block in order to shape the hats myself and have more versatility.

(I´m not in the luxury position to buy several hat blocks)

Thanks in advance to everybody from Fedora Lounge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112