Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
21aac6e5783b32ef25c06d5d47276cb6.jpg
beaverhats.jpg

I've seen that Hat before , it's similar to the far right , second down on the right .

boze

One of the Regulars
Borsalino runs small right? So if I'm a 59 or 7 3/8 in Stetson, Biltmore, Beaver, Guerra, etc. does that make me a 60 in Borsalino? Same size vintage vs new?

When I was able to visit DelMonico in New Haven five years ago I was a size larger I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino runs small right? So if I'm a 59 or 7 3/8 in Stetson, Biltmore, Beaver, Guerra, etc. does that make me a 60 in Borsalino? Same size vintage vs new?

When I was able to visit DelMonico in New Haven five years ago I was a size larger I'm pretty sure.
unfortunately there is no hard fast rule

Borsalino hats to tend to run slightly small ... but the key word here is "tend"

I have Borsalinos that run small and also some that are dead on

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
What the heck is this Barbiso?

20351517445232.JPG

558308817445332.JPG

Yeah, it looks like a traditional Italian university laureate's hat (cappello feluca universita' ) they come in many colors depending on the university & subject matter & often with embroidery & tassels. Not sure if your Barbisio is one but it's certainly the same shape.
$_57.JPG

Last edited:

Sonero

Practically Family
Greetings.

I found an Ebay seller who sells Stetson Cowboy Hats according to brim size. Ie. You can ask for a custom brim size. Is this common in the industry and how reliable is it ? They don't accept returns.

Thinking about getting a cowboy hat with a cattleman crown at 3 1/4 inches. Will that look weird ? The drop down menu lists it as a costume size.

Thanks

RJR

Greetings.

I found an Ebay seller who sells Stetson Cowboy Hats according to brim size. Ie. You can ask for a custom brim size. Is this common in the industry and how reliable is it ? They don't accept returns.

Thinking about getting a cowboy hat with a cattleman crown at 3 1/4 inches. Will that look weird ? The drop down menu lists it as a costume size.

Thanks
Go for it if that's what you want.There are quite a few brims in that range.

MDC

New in Town
Hi all-

Came across a sage Stetson Absinthe at goodwill today for $40. Its a beautiful looking hat and it feels great in the hand, but its a size 7 1/2 and I wear a 7 1/4. Could I possible have the hat reblocked by one of the talented hatters here or should I let it go?
Also, I looked around the site, but I can't seem to find much info on it. Is anyone able to tell me anything more about it?
Thanks

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Buy it and sell it. There's one on ebay for $249.99 Not saying I'd pay that, but you should be able to make a little on it to put towards a hat in your size.

Buy it and sell it. There's one on ebay for $249.99 Not saying I'd pay that, but you should be able to make a little on it to put towards a hat in your size.
+1 Yeah what he said. One other option would be to buy it, and offer it on the Lounge Classifieds first then Ebay. There are a number of ginormous noggins that might be interested.

I know this thread has moved away from this long ago, but where do I find a quality straw homburg? I want one like David Suchet wears in Poirot. The Sunbody hats and others are all to flimsy and have too little structure. I want a formal straw homburg, and I just can't find one to my liking. Any help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm