Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Trousers

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I got these in today, and they exceeded my expectations.
They're nice and full cut, with many interesting details
A full 18" rise
22" cuffs
26 buttons

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

Betty?
IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

Doug C

Practically Family
I have an duplicate of these, mine are from 1952 though. They are awesome but slightly too small in the waist for me :mad: (they are 34X34) Make me an offer if anyone's interested because, as much as I love 'em it never gets cold enough here in N. Texas.

Doug C

3PieceSuitGuy

One of the Regulars
just picked up 2 pairs of these myself from a disposal store in country NSW. It's amazing how much detail is in them. Would be so expensive to make these days!

Now if I could just get my hands on a matching jacket!

The owner had a pairs of ww2 broadfall front Australian Navy bellbottoms with about a 20 inch rise but wouldn't sell them. Damn!

Cheers

Peter

Kostya

Familiar Face
Cotton military trousers?

Dinerman,

Any idea if these or similar trousers are available in cotton? It never gets cold enough here in Texas to wear those. Also, it would be nice if they didn't have the cargo pockets on the sides.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'm not sure. I'd assume they were also made in Khaki drill for the summer uniform. As far as the thigh cargo pocket goes- I like it because it gives me a place to put my camera, but as it's just a patch pocket, it would be easy to remove without a real mark being left.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Khaki Drill and Jungle green British and Commonwealth style trousers can be had from Reenacting vendors, such as What Price Glory. Style is similar.

No cargo pockets- just one on the left thigh.
It can easily be removed.

Thigh pockets were actually pretty common on WW2 and post WW2 military trousers.

B
T

Talbot

One Too Many
Kostya said:
Dinerman,

Any idea if these or similar trousers are available in cotton? It never gets cold enough here in Texas to wear those. Also, it would be nice if they didn't have the cargo pockets on the sides.

Yes, they were available in a light khaki drill. I bought a pair from a Victorian country opp shop some years ago. They were almost identical but without the thigh pocket.

Would work well in Houston. You'd need both pairs for the metroplex.

Talbot

CISO1969

New in Town
in the early 1980's British and Aussie 1949 pattern KD(Khaki Drill) pants were everywhere. Also the mesh style shirts but no KD jackets.

Green denim Battle Dress, Cotton Olive & KD etc (even US made "War Aid") stuff is still around but only in "Garden Gnome" sizes--The vendors mentioned above would be a good choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto