• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Autumn weather at last!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Tiki Tom, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom Practically Family

Looks like summer 2017 is on its way out the door.
    Cool drizzly morning, so I grabbed the opportunity to wear a felt hat. I suspect that soon my panama will go into hibernation.
    Hope we get a little snow this winter. It's been about 2 years since we had a "real" snowfall.

2. Hal

Hal Practically Family

I was in SE Germany when August gave way to September, and summer gave way to autumn as the month changed, with a drop in temperature of perhaps 10C plus showery rain. I echo the sentiments of the last sentence in your original posting, and would add overcoats, corduroy trousers, winter knitwear and tweed jackets to your list.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    KarlCrow and Redfokker like this.
  3. Yep, looks like autumn/fall has made an early appearance in my part of the universe too. After a very strange summer consisitng of repeated heat waves intersperced with extremely dull, cool days, temps. now seem to have trouble reaching 20°C & night temps. plummit below 10°C, (the tomato plants aren't too happy)......in fact, we are having 'normal' september weather but it has been years since we've had normal september weather that it has come as rather a surprise.
    Who knows, may even get snow for christmas. :rolleyes:

4. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

Yep, same here. Even some of the leaves around here are starting to change already. I guess this is really normal September weather, we've usually just been treated to extended summers.

Redfokker likes this.
  5. the weather here is awful, it's a howling september, central heating was back on a month early. And, probably too rainy for felt, barring a beater.

Redfokker likes this.
  6. GHT

GHT My Mail is Forwarded Here

The only thing that I really dislike about the cooler months of the year is the avaricious greed of the utilities when it comes to charging for their gas & electricity.

Redfokker and KarlCrow like this.
  7. What gets my goat (Baa-aaa !) is when we have mild winters & so use less central heating, naively thinking we've saved some dough, the energy company (gas in my case) up their rates to compensate for their lower revenue. Although in the end, we don't actually pay more than we would have done in a harsh winter, we don't spend less either. As my old granny used to say " Any which way, you're shafted" or words to that effect.:rolleyes:

Redfokker and Hal like this.
  8. The sun is still hot. I will go to the beach next weekend if I go to Algarve again.
    The nights here are windy. Too much wind for this time of the year. Yesterday was 21ºC.

Redfokker likes this.
  9. Rogera

Rogera Call Me a Cab

100° f (37.8° C) today, 103°f (39.4°C) tomorrow here

10. We had 93 yesterday, but are in store for mid 70s for the rest of the week. Felts are eagerly waiting...

KarlCrow and Rogera like this.
  11. Rogera

Rogera Call Me a Cab

I've had to just give up on seasonal felt wearing and wear them in the summer too or they would only come out for about 2 weeks out of the year. I like my felts too much.

Michael R. and Redfokker like this.
  12. johnnycanuck

johnnycanuck One Too Many

Autumn is what it is. Here in Alberta it is a short few weeks before the snow flies. With loosing weight none of my fall clothing fits properly. My Wested Leather Jackets fit big, I can wear a sweater and denim jacket underneath now. maybe that will be my fall clothing before I have to break out the Parka and Ushanka.
    Johnny

Redfokker and Michael A like this.
  13. Benzadmiral

Benzadmiral Call Me a Cab

Autumn? I'll let you know when we have some. Maybe around Christmas. Though the last 2 years it was warm and sticky until almost New Year's, and the last freeze I saw here was the year I bought my current car -- Jan. 2014.

Redfokker likes this.
  14. In Missoula Montana today. 80 plus yesterday but about 50 today and raining. Next few days more of this which should help the firefighters battling the multiple blazes in these parts.

Redfokker likes this.
  15. We are getting our first soaking rain since June starting Sunday. Hopefully the huge fire in the Columbia Gorge will get knocked down.

RJR and KarlCrow like this.
  16. Spats McGee

Spats McGee One Too Many

Fall is finally arriving in Arkansas! I broke out the Camp Draft a week ago or so.

RJR likes this.