Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AVI LTHR BRONCO A-2 Jacket Review & Pics

Gutmann

New in Town
85bb59ca24d0870e588b7a6cff4ce32f.jpg

0e3caf8e534916924d05d21971675a2b.jpg

Gutmann

New in Town
The jacket feels good but imo a bit to tight. I can only wear a shirt below and if I would gain only a bit more weight ... the party would be over... [emoji4]

I normally wear a 44L eg in my aeroleather highwayman. So I did size up to 46. the attached pic shows me wearing an Eastman 1401p in 46 where I definitely need longer sleeves. Compared to the bronco the 1401p overs a lot more room.

From the sleeves length the AVI Bronco in 46 is surprisingly ok!

I‘ll really need to think about getting this jacket in 48.

Best,

Philipp

8300aab3c5ab52e957806a4804eb6a85.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Personal preference of course (and allowing for differences in contract - the Bronco is often described as trim fitting) but the sleeves on the Bronco look just a little short to me and the chest a little tight/stressed when zipped. The body length looks fine for your height.
In contrast, the Roughwear looks a more comfortable fit in all respects for you.

Last edited:

Brettafett

One Too Many
It looks very nice!
Although it looks good, and its all so subjective... but I can see that it may feel a touch small... I think a 48 would be better (if AVI has them).
Love your RW1401 too, great fit. I wear a size 40 long myself.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hey Toto... I posted comparison measurements between a size 40 and 42 on page 1... I am 5'10/ 5'11 and the 42 fits beautifully. I recon, for you, I would look at the 44 or 46. They are true WW2 sizes, so the recommendation is to upsize. Depending where you are based, order both and return the one that fits 'less' well ;)

Gutmann

New in Town
Hi Toto,

I will do it later today. Please find attached the sizing chart (including sleeves) provided by Morten from AVI Lthr.

Best,

Philipp

A2 - SIZECHART2.png

Toto1234

Familiar Face
first time I have to order such a large size though!
As mentioned earlier, I usually wear a size 42L or 44L

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Gutmann is the second photo of you with the camera the 46? It looks to be on the large side. You can see how the shoulders are baggy and flop over towards your sleeve and the body, especially the stomach area appears full of excess leather. It's not a bad fit but any larger would surely be way too big? It's hard to understand how if the shoulders look so roomy that the jacket itself feels small.

The measurements, on the other hand, do look old school small. That 46 is the same size as my 38 by Gibson and Barnes. Which fits me fine at the same hight and weight as you.

Last edited:

Gutmann

New in Town
Gutmann is the second photo of you with the camera the 46? It looks to be on the large side. You can see how the shoulders are baggy and flop over towards your sleeve and the body, especially the stomach area appears full of excess leather. It's not a bad fit but any larger would surely be way too big? It's hard to understand how if the shoulders look so roomy that the jacket itself feels small.

The measurements, on the other hand, do look old school small. That 46 is the same size as my 38 by Gibson and Barnes. Which fits me fine at the same hight and weight as you.

Hi Seb,

Yes, all the photos showing me with the jacket is size 46. when the jacket is open it fits quite good. When it is zipped up, you can see that the chest is very tight. The shoulders are on spot with me wearing only a thin shirt. As I’m getting old and I want to wear this jacket some years I’ll check out size 48 ;)

Best,

Philipp

Jeremiah

A-List Customer
He said the second attachment (with camera) was his ELC 1401.

Wait, I thought you said that attachment from post #125 was your ELC roughwear. Did I misread that, misunderstand or am I seeing things?

Gutmann

New in Town
He said the second attachment (with camera) was his ELC 1401.

Wait, I thought you said that attachment from post #125 was your ELC roughwear. Did I misread that, misunderstand or am I seeing things?

No, you got it absolutely right! That is the ElC RW 1401p on post #125.

Best,

Philipp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points