Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Avirex Jumpsuits - need info

shaunpug

New in Town
Hi there! I just registered here specifically to see if anyone might be able to help me gather some info on some Avirex clothing...
I know that Avirex has some pretty long history, and that they are pimarily known for their jackets...but does anyone have any info on their line of jumpsuits?
A little backstory...Avirex jumpsuits of some kind were used in Return of the Jedi as part of the Scout Trooper costume. I'm a member of that community (read: nerds), and I'm trying to gather as much intel as I possibly can with the hope of identifying the exact suit. I have a friend who has seen the original costume up close, but he is unable to share too much about it.
Return of the Jedi was released in 1983 so the jumpsuits would have obviously been made prior to then.
What I do know about the jumpsuit is that the tag says Avirex, but it doesn't have a model number of any kind.
I know I'm reaching out on a limb here, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Deacon211

One Too Many
New member WARHAWK is apparently on the board at The Cockpit (formerly synonymous with Avirex)...you could PM him.

I don't recall Avirex making jumpsuits, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I would have expected something like that to come from Gibson and Barnes (formerly Flight Suits Limited).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shaunpug

New in Town
Thank you very much! The reason why people are sure it's Avirex is because of a quote from a recent book released....here is the quote:
"The costumes soft components were handled by Rodgers' team, who modified a store-bought Avirex jumpsuit as the base layer, similar to jumpsuits used for the rebel pilot costumes."

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot