Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B3 vs Irvin

nevadapd

Familiar Face
Thanks. The Aero D-1 is certainly worth considering, although it's one size smaller than I usually wear. It sounds like these jackets stretch a bit with wear and gradually mold to your torso's shape. The B-6 looks real nice. A couple of good catches, Arch.

Form my limited experience with lesser B-3's - they don't stretch like HH or Goat. I've been tempted to buy that D-1 myself (on ebay) but ask the B-3 guys here if it will stretch before pulling the trigger.

archbury918

One of the Regulars
When it comes to fit, it's all in the shoulders. Thats where the B-6, M-422, G-1 give an advantage with their bi-swing design. You can get some freedom of movement in a slightly snug fit.
Yes, leather in general, fleece in particular will stretch and conform with wear. That said, I wouldn't try to make something obviously small for my frame make work. You have to ask yourself, "how long do I want to try to make this fit?". Thats why in my perspective its critical to know your true size and how do you plan to wear it.
Upper arms, chest, and even your belly will give some in fleece. The shoulders remain virtually unchanged.

These jackets we are discussing are military designed garments. By design they are meant to be close, smart fitting uniforms to be worn by fit individuals. The original specs call for a fit narrower in the waist than the chest. We want authenticity yet have to accept there are limits in compromising.
When you try to push a limit you likely won't be happy.

My complaint in all of this is uniformity in tagged sizing. One maker will have a completely different fit from another. Your best weapon is to ask specific questions about measurements; and, hope the person taking them does it right! lol

Last edited:

archbury918

One of the Regulars
I've been tempted to buy that D-1 myself (on ebay) but ask the B-3 guys here if it will stretch before pulling the trigger.

If I were you, I'd give it some very serious consideration. I really think you'd be happy with this style and its easily a $200 savings.

My gut instinct tells me a $775 offer would take it

Last edited:

archbury918

One of the Regulars
I don't mean to spend your money for you....... but can give you a push!! ;)

(doubt you would have any trouble giving it a turn around sale if it doesn't work for you)

I don't mean to spend your money for you....... but can give you a push!! ;)(doubt you would have any trouble giving it a turn around sale if it doesn't work for you)
I get pushed way too often for my own good! I'm still battling the USPS as we speak for the money lost shipping a jacket in Feb. I'm doing detective work on this as it's shady as hell. But I'm out a chunk of change, so buying another jacket without that money returned is not likely. I'd love to get that D-1 - I've been looking for one for a couple years, and this one is just bad timing for me.

archbury918

One of the Regulars
Sorry to hear you got screwed in a shipment. I've been lucky to date.
I do hope it works out.
I've learned reluctantly, that sometimes things just aren't meant to be. I do, though for you, hope you can swing this deal.

archbury918

One of the Regulars
I fully understand. Although I've gotten some great deals in many clothing items from buying them out-of-season.
Agreed, $700 is a lot to see hanging in the closet until November!
Either that or turn the A/C really high!!! lol

I have bought many out of season jackets. But I acquired two just weeks ago and I'm not up for any more stuff hanging in my room mocking me! lolBesides, I'm waiting to see if Holly (Aero) gets any of the bison hide she mentioned to me. I might be making something cool for the end of year if they get that in.

archbury918

One of the Regulars
you know, I've seen pix of the Bison hides. I've always been intrigued by it.
Are the intended for their military of civy line of jackets?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points