Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baking powder facial scrub

patrick slopez

New in Town
I've never heard such thing as that . hahaha but anyway, thanks for sharing this beauty tip . I'm excited to share this to my girlfriend for her to try :)

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I was doing baking soda for a long time. I only switched to apricot scrub on a lark, because I like the smell, and don't have to do a ph-balancing toner like I did with b.s.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Baking soda is one of my favorite scrubs as well... but I completely forgot about it! Eep! Thanks for the reminder! Now I want to rush off and scrub, but my hair is still setting under the dryer, d'oh!

PriscillaPetite

New in Town
I used to love baking soda, but I felt it was making my skin more sensitive and I read something about it being too alkaline so I'm giving it a rest. I made a green tea scrub this week and I'm loving it so far.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

AvavanBlythe

Familiar Face
I just want to say a big no no no no no no no to this. Please be gentle with your faces. Please please please, lol. While I realize none of these are peer reviewed articles, which I try hard to find, I do feel that these do a good job explaining why you scrub your sink with baking soda, not your face. The short of it: super damaging, even if you don't think it is. Years ago I'd tried this as well as diluted baking soda in water for my hair. I stopped when I read about the long term damaging effects. It's so very harsh.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAd...lease_do_not_use_baking_soda_on_your_skin_it/

https://www.futurederm.com/why-you-absolutely-should-not-use-baking-soda-as-an-exfoliator/

I've done lots of personal research into healthy forms of exfoliation. The best kind: enzyme peels. While they're not literally things you peel off your skin, it somewhat describes how it removes dead skin and leaves you glowing. Using enzymes in pineapple, papaya, and pumpkin can exfoliate by using a simple mask. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse it off.

If you're worried about "black heads," you may have the wrong idea entirely. So many people worry about alleged black heads, when they're actually sebaceous filaments. So that I won't repeat everything others have already said, here's a good explanation: http://www.brightestbulbinthebox.com/2014/01/theyre-called-sebaceous-filaments-and.html

Also, please rethink using these scrubs. An enzyme mask won't irritate your skin like rubbing rough materials on your face, and happens to be much more effective. I have compared the results and haven't touched sugar rub at all now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112