Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BARBISIO Brothers

Benny

New in Town
Post your Barbisio hats here>

Let me start...

January2009001-9.jpg

January2009002-7.jpg

January2009003-8.jpg

January2009004-7.jpg

Wow! Great hats. Is it possible to get one in Italy called la Rinascente? Or in an other store in Italy? I don't really live in Italy, but I am going there this summer. Or can I order it from the internet from somewhere?

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow! Great hats. Is it possible to get one in Italy called la Rinascente? Or in an other store in Italy? I don't really live in Italy, but I am going there this summer. Or can I order it from the internet from somewhere?

Cappelleria Melegari is one place to try. But once you get to Italy, and ask around, I'm sure you can work your way to the right places quickly.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Cappelleria Melegari is one place to try. But once you get to Italy, and ask around, I'm sure you can work your way to the right places quickly.

Cappelleria Mutinelli and Cappelleria Melegari, both in Milano sell Barbisio. In Roma you can buy them at Cappelleria Troncarelli, where I bought mine last year. Which reminds me that I never posted pictures of it on this thread!

Last edited:

cookie

I'll Lock Up

La Rinascente was probably Italy's first department store.

Barbisio Titan Qualita Superlativa

Arrived today... first shot out of the box. Dinerman has pictures posted earlier in this thread. Just a beautiful felt... dense, soft, smooth - equal to if not better than the 1930s-40s Borsalinos that I own. Dr. D, I can understand why you kept this one around for a while. Thank you.

mirror reversed photo:

barbisiosuperlativa.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Arrived today... first shot out of the box. Dinerman has pictures posted earlier in this thread. Just a beautiful felt... dense, soft, smooth - equal to if not better than the 1930s-40s Borsalinos that I own. Dr. D, I can understand why you kept this one around for a while. Thank you.

mirror reversed photo:

barbisiosuperlativa.jpg

Very nice one. Another clean look. I'm thinking of getting a Barbisio from Salmagundi in Boston.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I own a Cervo. It has the exact same liner as yours. I bought mine old new stock from Worth & Worth in New York. They don't sell then anymore. All I have to say is that my Cervo is one, if not the nicest, highest quality hat that I own. You can probably email W&W for more details about the brand.

I wanted to get one of the W&W ones and asked them about it. Where there many left?

SteveAS

Practically Family
I just got this nice, old Barbisio from ebay. I'm delighted by it's clean, undamaged condition and the hat's felt and style. I'd appreciate thoughts on its age. The taped rear seam make me wonder if it's from the 1940s or before, but it feels almost like a new hat in my hands . . .

IMG00201-20110706-1000.jpg

IMG00203-20110706-1002.jpg

Interesting edge:

IMG00205-20110706-1003.jpg

The top and bottom of the ribbon are tacked down:

IMG00202-20110706-1001.jpg

Taped rear seam:

IMG00207-20110706-1010.jpg

Tags behind the sweatband:

IMG00206-20110706-1009.jpg

IMG00208-20110706-1011.jpg

Forum statistics