Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Bargains

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ Yup, Target! As far as I know that is the only US store that carries Boots. Not all Target stores carry it, but if you find the product you're interested in on the Target website, they have a "find in store" feature where you can put in your zip code and it will show you which stores have that product available.

We went out this evening and I wore the Boots mousse foundation again. I'm very pleased with it.

If you're looking for the Boots Original Beauty in the vintage-look packaging, they are usually on the very bottom shelf near the floor of the Boots section, so they can be a little hidden.

Last edited:

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
Did anyone mention the Wet n Wild Megalast lipsticks yet?

They're $2.99 a pop and absolutely amazing! I have an array of lipsticks ranging from dollar store to the most expensive one's probably being MAC, but these WnW lippies are definitely in with my favorites. The only letdown is that they're, as far as i know, only available in North America :(

My favorite colors are "Red Velvet" and "Coral-Ine":
Wet-n-Wild-Megalast-Lipcolor-2.jpg

Wet-n-Wild-Megalast-Lipcolor-Red-Velvet.jpg

Red Velvet

Wet-n-Wild-Megalast-Lipcolor-Coral-line.jpg

Coral-Ine
Rite Aid often has sales on Wet n Wild so at times you can get them for as cheap as ~$1.50!

*Image source is Vampy Varnish/.

DigThatBeat

Familiar Face
Avon has a matte lipstick called Rich Ruby (Ultra Color Rich line) that looks very similar to MAC's Ruby Woo. It's $7 but usually on sale for $4 or BOGO, and I like it more than Ruby Woo because it's not as drying.

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
Here from all the raves for Sally Hansen nail polish. I decided it was high time I get me a bottle. I adore it! As much as I like OPI. Its a thousand times better. It wears longer and does not chip as fast as OPI. I do a lot with my hands (typing, washing dishes, hand washing up to 20 times at the most a day, and cooking) and have always been on the look out for a longer wearing nail polish.

I did use NYC nail polish my absolute favorite nail polish of all time. It was a very sad day when they decided to discontinue NYC nail polish.

Since there are so many Sally Hansen nail polishes to choose from I went with this one Sally Hansen Insta-Dri fast dry nail color (Rapid Red)
http://sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-color/insta-dri-fast-dry-nail-color $5-6 (us). It does dry really fast I adore the brush (its bigger), so easy to apply with and a lot less messy application.

Also how could I for get about Palmer's coco butter. The kind I like the most isthe one in the jar not bottle. This stuff is the best for those of us who have very dry skin. Its just like vaseline but not as greasy. It really gets down deep into the dryness. I use it on my eyebrows, too they get so dry that the start to hurt and this fixes it completely. Does not break my skin out $7 Here is the jar I am talking about http://www.google.com/products/cata...t1oXT7GcDdGDsgLL-pWUAg&sqi=2&ved=0CD4Q8gIwAQ#

Last edited:

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
The SH insta-dri polishes are awesome!!! Their salon line's highly overpriced though. Those go fore MORE than China Glaze or OPI :mad:

Last edited:

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
^ Yup, Target! As far as I know that is the only US store that carries Boots. Not all Target stores carry it, but if you find the product you're interested in on the Target website, they have a "find in store" feature where you can put in your zip code and it will show you which stores have that product available.

We went out this evening and I wore the Boots mousse foundation again. I'm very pleased with it.

If you're looking for the Boots Original Beauty in the vintage-look packaging, they are usually on the very bottom shelf near the floor of the Boots section, so they can be a little hidden.

Boots has make-up too? I didn't see that when I was in Target today, just their skin care products. However, it did look like it was a popular product, I got the last cold cream and bottle of rose tonic that was on the shelf! Down the road I'd like to give their bubble bath a try, if it smells anything like the tonic, it'll be heaven! Speaking of the tonic, I couldn't wait to get home to smell it so I opened it in the car; it's fragrance is very reminiscent of a rose cream perfume I had in a vintage looking container from Avon years ago...brought back lots of memories! Looking forward to using it.

ThemThereEyes

One of the Regulars
I like using baking soda and apple cider vinegar as a hair clarifier. I use it weekly before shampoo.
I also like adding sugar to face cleanser for a gentle exfoliator. I enjoy Revlon ColorStay lipliners, and they are often BOGO and at ULTA so one can use the coupons for an additional discount.

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
I recently bought 2 e.l.f color pallets (12 colors each) with liner (which I haven't used) for $2.50. They were on Christmas clearance at Walgreen's. :)
I
I've also found my new favorite lipstick--Rimmel Moisture Renew in Red Alert. It's very smooth and not drying like other brands I've tried and the red is really good for me. Not to overpowering. I love it! $6.99 at Walgreen's.

I put Vaseline on my lips as the last part of my night routine to keep them soft.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ I really like a lot of ELF products for the price. I have their entire line of Studio (black handle, $3) brushes and most of them are very nice quality. I keep several of them in rotation with my other brushes. I also really like their blushes, brush shampoo, and the mist & set. Their mineral line is also a very nice "dupe" for Bare Escentuals. I also bought one of the cream eyeliners to try - they seem to get good reviews and I figure I'd rather pay $3 to try out a product and see if I like it.

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Boots has make-up too? I didn't see that when I was in Target today, just their skin care products. However, it did look like it was a popular product, I got the last cold cream and bottle of rose tonic that was on the shelf! Down the road I'd like to give their bubble bath a try, if it smells anything like the tonic, it'll be heaven! Speaking of the tonic, I couldn't wait to get home to smell it so I opened it in the car; it's fragrance is very reminiscent of a rose cream perfume I had in a vintage looking container from Avon years ago...brought back lots of memories! Looking forward to using it.

Yes, they have makeup. The No. 7 line is pretty nice - I use their liquid foundation and the mousse version. They're made in France and the packaging reminds me very much of Chanel. I also have their mineral blush in Soft Damson and it is a really pretty soft mauve pink.

I too love the scent of the tonic, it reminds me of a rose lotion my grandmother used to use. Using that and the cold cream make me feel so luxurious!

Last edited:

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
I'm on the hunt for a new foundation. I've kind of found one that I like, but I'd forgotten about Boot's. I may have to take a trek out to Target and see what I can find!

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
Oh my yes! Belle Fatale. I did'nt think to check the web. They use to sell the NYC nail polish out here a couple of years ago. And the stores decided to stop selling them.
I was looking through my nail polish stash and found an old bottle of big apple red, yahoo!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I've just discovered the Revlon PhotoReady line and so far I am pretty impressed with it. The packaging is nice, similar to MAC or Make Up For Ever. I have used the Perfecting Primer and the liquid foundation. The perfecting primer is a nice lightweight gel-lotion that doesn't feel slick like many silicone primers do. It also doesn't cause me to break out, which is a huge bonus. I'm generally a department store/Sephora cosmetics person, and I've used everything from Smashbox Photo Finish (in pretty much all various formulations) to Laura Mercier, but so far I've found that drugstore primers work the best for me personally. I really like this Revlon one, it is neck & neck with my all-time favorite, L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base. I also really like the liquid foundation - nice coverage and finish that seems to last all day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points