Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Before and After?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I would love to see "before" pics of you gals in your natural hair with no setting or styling, and then "after" pics after styling. Mostly, this is interesting as a way to see how everyone has their hair cut, especially for newer gals interested in vintage styling who want to start with their cut.

I have none to provide right now, but I can certainly make that happen.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Oh, this is a great idea!

Here's a picture of just my normal haircut. Please excuse the no smile, I took these for my sister-in-law to give to her hairdresser to cut her hair similar.

IMG_1567.jpg
IMG_1571.jpg

Here's some of when I've fixed it up. I usually do either 20s or 30s depending on what's going on. Most of my 30s ones, I have hats on though.

this one, my mom did some fingerwaves at the top and then I used sponge rollers around the back.
MurderAtTheFourDueces-2007006.jpg

This is when I used the those pink plastic waver things- I can't remember what they're called and small hot rollers
hairsoiree017.jpg

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Apologies first off. I'm not wearing foundation in my before photos. Gorry, what a sight! So, I'm currently growing out my hair from an asymmetrical razored bob type cut. Most un-vintage and tricky to style. It's super straight (that bump is from being in a work ponytail) and lacking altogether in volume. I would have it made if I was into the 60's hippie style. But alas.
lounge011.jpg

lounge012.jpg

And here we have styled, all be it a rushed style. I used hotsticks for the first time so the curls are not quite as neat as I'd like. But it gets the general idea across. (Oh, and my bit of a lazy eye to boot!)
lounge013.jpg

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
What lovely ladies we have on here! It's so funny to see the "Befores" in modern attire, modern hair cuts and no makeup and then the "vintagified" versions. Love it!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Odalisque said:
I'm currently growing out my hair from an asymmetrical razored bob type cut. Most un-vintage and tricky to style.

Odalisque, is your hair layered at all? Hard to tell from the photo because of the rich, deep color of your hair!

Odalisque

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
Odalisque, is your hair layered at all? Hard to tell from the photo because of the rich, deep color of your hair!
No layers. Which I expect is one reason vintage styling is a bit difficult for me. I plan to get it cut soon and add some in.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Also, I like that these gals have posted pics of styles that have their hair down. It gives a much better idea of what look that cut helps to make.

More please! If you gals don't want to show un-made-up faces you can always block them out à la Lolita Haze lol

:eek:fftopic: Where has she been, anyway? There are lots of gals whose presence has been missed lately!

Lillemor

One Too Many
I wish this had been done earlier but it appears as if my cut is very similar to the cuts I see here. I think I just got lucky with my hairdresser though.

I need hub's help to upload photos of my hair naturally from my mobile/cell phone.:eek:

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Here's when I got my hair cut rather short before I studied abroad in the Netherlands. I didn't really like it on me, but I didn't want to have to pay for a haircut in Euros!

dec2007023.jpg

Styled:

dec2007026a.jpg

This isn't an exact before/after photo, but here's how my hair usually is unstyled:

katvondee.jpg

Some of the ways I usually wear it:

Summer1254.jpg

girlsnite2021.jpg

Tatum

Practically Family
I haven't set it yet today, but here is the unstyled version!

Pardon the lack of makeup! It amuses me that my hair on both sides wants to flip towards my left.

0048.jpg

0049.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm