Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bell Book and Candle...

Xylophile

One of the Regulars
Jimmy Stuart wears a great hat in Bell Book and Candle, saw it on TCM recently. Some other great hats you see too, his hat is really fantastic. Movie is from 1958 and I'm kind of surprised its so nice.

Jimmy Stuart wears a great hat in Bell Book and Candle, saw it on TCM recently. Some other great hats you see too, his hat is really fantastic. Movie is from 1958 and I'm kind of surprised its so nice.

Jimmy Stewart really liked clothes. In so many of his movies you'll notice how incredibly well his suits fit and how every detail from collar pin to the style of the sweater he might be wearing to his pocket square to his hat is thoughtful and spot on.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I haven't seen Bell, Book and Candle in years. It's a direct ancestor to the TV series Bewitched (i.e., witches exist, a beautiful female witch gets involved with a mortal man, said witch also has a gleeful and mischievous relative, etc.). I'm not sure, but there was an article in TV Guide when Bewitched was a new hit, discussing the wrangle in Hollywood about who really created the show, and BB&C might have been mentioned.

I haven't seen Bell, Book and Candle in years. It's a direct ancestor to the TV series Bewitched (i.e., witches exist, a beautiful female witch gets involved with a mortal man, said witch also has a gleeful and mischievous relative, etc.). I'm not sure, but there was an article in TV Guide when Bewitched was a new hit, discussing the wrangle in Hollywood about who really created the show, and BB&C might have been mentioned.

And going back even further, there are echoes of "BB&C" and "Bewitched" in 1942's "I Married a Witch," in which Veronica Lake plays a witch who uses her magic to help the career of a man she wants to marry and to get him interested in her, but of course, her help messes everything up. I'm sure, as always, the idea goes further back than that, but from a movie perspective, that's the earliest one I remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff