Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berets, Anyone?

NoHorse

One of the Regulars
... a small 30cm....

If I were to wear a 30cm beret, people would be asking me for shelter when it rains. I could start a new style of hang gliding... my new 9.5p Auloronesa rests on top of my right ear, which I'm getting used to... I guess.

I wish I could wear larger beres - so many nice ones in that size!

Marco Polo

New in Town
With summer making its slow way to my part of the world, anyone have a suggestion for a beret that does well under a hotter sun. I'm thinking one of the South American berets? Don't think I'd like the cotton ones though...or would I? how are they btw? Any suggestions?

RJR

With summer making its slow way to my part of the world, anyone have a suggestion for a beret that does well under a hotter sun. I'm thinking one of the South American berets? Don't think I'd like the cotton ones though...or would I? how are they btw? Any suggestions?
I recommend that you read Daan's post above.Lighter wool and cotton are most comfortable in hot weather.

Kreissaege

One of the Regulars
A beret shows the shape of my head in quite an unflattering way.

Attachments

• PA283719-1_ji-p.jpg
    PA283719-1_ji-p.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 111

Babbo Philipe

A-List Customer
Personally, cotton still gets hot and wool breaths very nice, maybe a light wool beret

Last edited:

GrayEyes

Familiar Face
If I were to wear a 30cm beret, people would be asking me for shelter when it rains. I could start a new style of hang gliding... my new 9.5p Auloronesa rests on top of my right ear, which I'm getting used to... I guess.

I wish I could wear larger beres - so many nice ones in that size!

I agree that the selection at 10 pouces/12 pulgadas (280mm) and above is better. But, personally, I can't imagine wearing a 300 mm beret.

And when it comes to small sizes, I have you beat. My head size is 54/55. I find that a beret in 9 pouces/11 pulgadas (252-256 mm) is big enough for me for daily wear. I might, on occasion, go up to 9.5 pouces/11.5 pulgdas (266-267 mm).

Babbo Philipe

A-List Customer
I am a 10 pouce man myself ,i have a couple 9.5, sometimes auloronesa comes bigger and it ends up being a 10.5, its all good , what ever mood i am i suits the need

NoHorse

One of the Regulars
View attachment 69933 A burgundy Auloronesa kind of day...
Now see what I posted a while ago? It's the beards... beards 'n berets. Any beret looks right on a bearded man, and a beret makes any woman look good (where DO you find these photos, Daan?)

As for summer berets from Argentina and Uruguay... to think that I spent time there some years ago before I got into berets... could have visited the factories. Ah well, the steaks and Malbec were good!

Kreissaege

One of the Regulars
Having received my Foulard Alpin Universel from Boneteria Auloronesa, in dark blue, I thought it worth showing you four shades of dark blue.
In the pictures you see a black Boinas Elosegui, center top. Then from left to right
-Boneteria Auloronesa,
-Boinas Elosegui Super Lujo,
-An old one from SPB, from the very first production run, if I remember correctly,
-Laulhere Chausseur Alpine with Bakarra logo (showing the "ridges" from excessive shrinking with hot water to compensate the lousy sizing).
Quite some variances, eh?
(Please excuse the lint on the berets, the terrace wasnt sweeped properly and the dog leaves its traces everywhere, as it should be)

Attachments

• P3170345.jpg
    P3170345.jpg
    752 KB · Views: 124
  • P3170357_ji.jpg
    P3170357_ji.jpg
    614.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member