Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Besame on QVC this Saturday

Hi girls.

Just got an email from Besame saying their cosmetics are going to be on QVC this sat, Sept 17th at 3pm pacific 6pm eastern time. Wonder if there will be a discount...

maisie

Practically Family
I was wondering if anyone on here has bought anything from Besame:

http://www.besamecosmetics.com/english/boutique/display.htm

I see that they have a few new items, like the compact with powder and the lipstick set. I really like the compact set and was hoping to get a few of the lipstick for christmas!! Can anyone recommend any of the vintage lipstick colours they sell?

Many Thanks!

MissQueenie

Practically Family
maisie said:

I see that they have a few new items, like the compact with powder and the lipstick set. I really like the compact set and was hoping to get a few of the lipstick for christmas!! Can anyone recommend any of the vintage lipstick colours they sell?

Many Thanks!

I know many of us in the PR have purchased from Besame. I have the loose powder and Besame Red lipstick. The quality is excellent, the lipstick lasts a very long time and I've been happy with the classic vintage red color. The powder is perhaps a little too pale for me, but it is light and airy and takes away any shine for a nice matte finish.

Only complaint is the cost to size ratio. The stuff is TINY. Really tiny. The pressed powder container is the size of my very small palm, and the lipstick is likewise mini. You can probably find the same colors and same or better quality products for less money or in a much larger quantity at Sephora, but the packaging is unbeatable.

~ Queenie.

maisie

Practically Family
To be honest one of the main reasons I was going to treat myself and get some product was just because of how cute the packaging looks!!:rolleyes: :)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I have the Besame Red lipstick as well. It's super cute, but only about the size of my pinky finger. The color is fabulous. I also have two of their eyeshadows, which go on smoothly, but aren't what I'm accustomed to. I really adore the vintage packaging and think it was a brilliant idea for the designer to do it. All in all, if you feel like a self-fullfilling splurge, go for it! It makes you feel very ladylike and special- and when that box of well packaged goodness arrives, I think you'll be glad you made the splurge!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I have the Merlot lipstick. I love the color. My main complaint is I don't like how the lipstick looks on me at the end of the day-a bit splotchy, not smoothly worn off. So I'm forced to wipe it all off or layer my lips with more lipstick. The lipstick is hard to get completely off the lips. But I love the packaging design. I will echo what Lauren said about the size of the lipsticks...a bit on the tiny side. I think you can request samples of the colors still. I'd recommend this prior to purchasing so you can see what color you like best on you. You'll probably need a lip brush to apply the samples, which are basically color blobs on thick paper and covered with wax paper if I remember correctly. Will I order more lipstick in the future? Possibly.

Clinique also has a color called "Vintage Red" which you might like.

Zelda

New in Town
I have the boudoir blush which is fun and, even though it is small, one really only needs a tiny tiny bit.

But, I recently bought and tried the Souffle foundation and have found that it is a tad heavy to use all over, but I use it under my eyes and just a touch on my cheeks and forehead. Especially in my eye area - - it is -- how shall I say it - - flattering. This doesn't seem to be an issue for most of you gals as you seem quite young, but it is hides a multitude of flaws as I get a tad older. It totally smoothes out the beginnings of some fine lines under my eyes. For this reason alone, I am crazy about it. I generally mix it with some white shiseido foundation, as well.

I really love the whole Besame attitude and love to support small vintage-oriented businesses.

Zelda

JustJen

Familiar Face
I use the Besame foundations although I have to mix two colors to get the right tone. I really like the coverage and it gives my face that '40s look. Not too heavy either.

I also use the powder and eyeshadows and have the compact (which is my favorite). Although, I don't prefer the compact puff......it's rather dinky.

Jen

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
maisie said:

Many Thanks!
I was in the market for all new make-up and bought Besame. I love it. I bought the compact with shadow and concealer and face powder, the brush set, and lipstick in red velvet. I must say that I love it all. It lasts a long time, no need for touch ups every few hours. Even the lip stick is long lasting. I particularly like the shape of it because I don't need to use a lip liner with it. I just line my lips with the pointed edge, and fill in with the flat edge. Anyway, I highly reccommend it. Even though the cases are small, the amount is the same as the modern make-up that's out there. And, the cases are so beautiful. Another good thing is they ship really fast. The brush set is beautiful, and really worth the money. I have spent a lot more on fancy make-up brands that aren't nearly as nice as Besame. And no, I do not work for them, I just really like there product.

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
:( It looks like you can't get B?©sam?© in the Asia/Pacific region... Rats.

For anyone else who lives outside the nth/central Americas or Europe, try Dr. Hauschka for something with several similar-to-vintage colours and a consistency like that described in the posts above - and it smells divine!

Although it is a little expensive, since it's all-natural and organic and such - no carcinogens or hormone-disrupting parabens. ;) A generous-sized lipstick retails here for NZ$46 - I'm guessing about $25-$28 US, depending on where you live. The packaging isn't as appealing as B?©sam?©, but it's still beautiful and well-made.

I have #06, "Fortissimo", although regrettably few occasions to wear something so... er... arresting. :rolleyes:

Raegan

New in Town
My mom and I both use BareEscentuals Bare Minerals products and LOVE them. It covers up pretty much anything. I rarely get any blemishes anymore and it lasts so long because you need such a small amount. It can take a while to learn how to do it just right, but I think it's worth it. Its a nice matte finish and looks very natural.

LittleArquette

New in Town
Besame

Hmmm.. I've been quite tempted to order a few samples I must admit. Before you commit to paying a lot of money for this I would definitly just order some samples of what interests you and try it out.

Yeah,those little compacts and such really sucked me in. They seem so...vintage and classy? Not exactly sure.

I usually use drugstore makeup for my eyes and anything else,but when it comes to foundation (Me being pale as the moon) I usually make a splurge with Dior. Very nice things,I must say!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui