Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Tailor: Samtani and Son, anyone used them?

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Hey all,

After a recent misadventure in suit buying whereby I thought I was getting an awesome deal but ended up with an improperly constructed, unfixable suit and everything returned for a full refund, I'm considering buying a suit, possibly bespoke, from a local tailor called Samtani and Son. Their website is here:
http://samtanitailor.com/

I wanted to know if any Loungers have dealt with this company before. They have some glowing testimonials on their site, including the current sitting mayor of my town, but they're the ones controlling what goes on their site, so my suspicious nature takes over. I was wondering if anyone had dealt with them. They sell some off-the-rack stuff in their shop and the prices seem quite competitive, but it's always good to get first hand info.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Presumably if they're local to you (I see they're in BC), you'll be able to go to the store and get a much better impression than anyone here can give, especially their responses to specific questions/requests you have?

I would imagine a custom suit will probably come in around US$1000-$1500, depending on fabric.

bk

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Indeed the shop is just around the street. Of course it's best to get a customer's opinion rather than hear what the shop owner has to say about himself, in my opinion. They mention on their site that they travel around, so I thought maybe someone might have used their services before.

I may pop in sometime this week and have a chat, see their wares, etc.

fashionsense

New in Town
Yes, I actually had a sport jacket done with them. I provided my own fabric, and they actually did a very good tailoring job. They used to frequent the states. I believe when I had dealt with them, that they were then Luke Samtani & Son's. I beleive that this was the father of the family. Since then, they're workmanship had taken a hit somewhat, and the workmanship was not quite on par as when the company was Luke Samtani & Son's. Not certain how they are now, have not dealt with them in quite a number of years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider