• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Best beauty decision you've made?

Discussion in 'Beauty' started by CherryWry, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Delma

Delma New in Town

Ditto being fitted for the right size bra. It made me feel and look so much better.

2. 1. Going blonde. I'd dyed my hair black for about 15 years. Nature made that more and more difficult and by the end I would have 4 days of my hair looking good after dyeing then the grey parting began. About 4 years ago I started getting highlights and after 12 months of having hair about 14 different shades varying of blonde, ginger, brown, black, I was blonde. No more dyeing my hair every 4 weeks, just top up highlights every 12 weeks. I was worried it wouldn't suit me as black hair suited me so well, but my hairdresser says I am one of the lucky ones that both look equally good.

2. Learning burlesque. I am less clumsy and just hold myself better. I'd never call myself a dancer in a million years, but I just have more awareness of what my limbs are doing and I'm more feminine. It's increased my confidence and I take better care of myself when I do classes. When I stop, the old tomboy comes back.

3. Learning how to do winged eyeliner a few years ago. I am now able to do this on a train if I have to. I generally hate women doing their make-up in public as it seems a private thing, but sometimes a girl likes to show off ;)

4. Red nail polish. My hands look so much better and even if the rest of me is dressed down, matching nails and lips always lifts me.

3. swanson_eyes

swanson_eyes Practically Family

Taking my makeup palette over to the warmer/earthier side, once I realized I have a peach-yellow undertone to my skin. I can do purples and berries, but they have to be more red than blue. Most of my red lippies are on the orange or brown side rather than blue-reds.

4. Getting laser hair removal at http://www.spaandskin.com/ is the best beauty decision I've ever made. I've had three sessions and am seriously amazed by the results. It is quite painful but my hair is already much thinner and sparse.

5. PrettySquareGal

PrettySquareGal My Mail is Forwarded Here

Letting myself be.

6. Didof

Didof New in Town

I try many different cosmetic products like Herbal Essences or Garnier.