Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best FL-er costumes 2009

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
What a thread

The Popeye family...some sorta screwball aerial comedy...and Emmett Kelly III! Love 'em all. :eusa_clap

Cheapass Golden Age Batman, unfortunately, must wait for daylight to re-emerge...went over nicely with the trick or-treaters, tho I imagine a lot of the little ones didn't recognize the Cowled Crusader without his all-black muscle suit. [huh]
Anyway, there were no complaints, 'cause I had M&Ms. Plain AND peanut! Sometimes, Robin, penny wise is pound foolish...

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE - everybody! I am always so impressed on this forum! I was sad I had to just wear something from my closet this year, since I didn't get to finish the outfit I was making since my husbands mother has been in the hospital all week. Not getting to get dressed up in something new is killer on this costumer. Boo hoo. But you all were awesome! Glad I get to look at your pictures.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

It's a drag being a stockbroker on October 25, 1929.

15834_1261449579783_1335991038_3076.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
chanteuseCarey said:
Marc, what did your darling daughter dress up as for Halloween?? And the wife?

My daughter is only a year old, so she didn't go trick-or-treating. We dressed her in a t-shirt with pumpkins on it, and in black pants. My wife didn't go to the Cicada Club on Oct. 25 -- it's not really her thing, she's not much into the vintage scene.

For Halloween night itself, we didn't wear costumes. Instead we went and saw THIS onstage at UCLA:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TOVSp-fYUQc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TOVSp-fYUQc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Levallois

Practically Family
I'm wearing 40s garb and the wife is wearing 20s garb but we had fun anyway - outdoor Halloween party in Arlington VA. Apparently, we were supposed to look tough in this photo but I didn't get the memo.

DCTrip004-1.jpg

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Whoa, Marc - Shockheaded Peter! As in the shock opera developed by the Tiger Lillies? I have their cd and dvd, but have not yet been able to attend a live performance, either by the TLs themselves, or any worthy imitators.

Good for you.

And it goes without saying that you didn't subject your wee daughter to that. At least not yet. ;)
(Though I remember the original book from my elementary school library, and what a lasting impression it made; most especially "The Great Long-Legged Scissor Man, and Harriet and the Matches".)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
FABULOUS!!! Thanks for the youtube clip here.

Marc Chevalier said:
My daughter is only a year old, so she didn't go trick-or-treating. We dressed her in a t-shirt with pumpkins on it, and in black pants. My wife didn't go to the Cicada Club on Oct. 25 -- it's not really her thing, she's not much into the vintage scene.

For Halloween night itself, we didn't wear costumes. Instead we went and saw THIS onstage at UCLA:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TOVSp-fYUQc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TOVSp-fYUQc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Edward

Bartender
Everyone looks fabulous! I spent both of the weekend nights performing with my new Rocky Horror floorshow revue, Shock Treatment Productions. I've not seen any photos as of yet, so we'll see. Had to wear a substitute for one of my corsets as I've gained a lot of weight since I bought it (I was ten and a half stone back then - at 5'10" and a guy, you can probably see why this gets referred to now as my 'Belsen chic' phase). Hopefully it can be altered, as I don't think I want to be that small again! I'll put a photo up when I get one...

Next year, I'm hoping my shows don't clash with all the Halloween events. I hate it when the day itself falls on a weekend, as you don't get any spreading out of events, and everything happens at once.

WH1

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Marc, I think you've found the male equivalent of the "Sexy _____" that women strive for each Halloween! A vintage 3 piece! :eusa_clap But next time you might consider a push up bra.

How do you know he isn't wearing one, very continental you know, and Marc is a man of the world!lol lol ;) :D

velvetongue

Familiar Face
mermaid costume

4074582468_fc4d8d5412_o.jpg

this year I went as a mermaid: sequined top, flesh-coloured fishnets (from my closet). green fishtail skirt (slightly below knee length), thrifted. green lace wool capelet, handknit. accessorized with pearl and shell jewelry from my closet, and a trident (not pictured) from the costume store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112