Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best HOT CURLERS/ROLLERS out on the market

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
roots66 said:
Try Sally's if they have a location in the Ottawa area--I've found the Babyliss/Jilbere 40-stick set here at their T.O. locations.

I tried the Sally's by my place and the manager had no idea what I was talking about! it isn't a terribly big one though, so perhaps I will call the other ones in town.

Any non-Sally's suggestions for hotsticks in Canada? Perhaps a Canadian mail order?

Miss Bunny

New in Town
I just got my HotSticks tonight! I ordered them from Amazon as my local places did not carry them.

Seeing as I have as much coordination as an octopus on crack I'm not sure how well this is going to go, but I'm going to give it a try!!

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
I found Hotsticks on Walmart's website for only 12 bucks!! I don't know if they carry them in store, I never shop there....but I think I might go ahead and order them online if I don't find them somewhere else. [huh]

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
I just got myself a set of Hot Sticks after hearing all the raves but they just didn't work on my hair at all. They left my hair just looking messy rather than curly. I'll keep trying with them.

So far my fav is the Remington Beach Waves hot rag rollers.

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
hot curler swap

On that note, is anyone interested in swapping a set of hot sticks for my Remington heated rag rollers? I've only used them 2 or 3 times. Or if you have anything to say about the Wrap and Roll set...

nostalgic

New in Town
conair ceramic jelly rollers

Does anyone have these? Is there a difference between these and the hotsticks? They look the same, but I think the material is different. Do you think that these would work better than just the regular hotsticks or worse?

nostalgic

New in Town
ok, I answered my own question. I was out and about at Target today and they had a couple of boxes of those conair jelly curlers (they're called candlesticks). They don't seem to act like hotsticks: they interlock but they don't close in on themselves, you need a clip (I think it comes with the claw type ones). Also, in order to get actual curls (ringlet type ones) you're only supposed to use one type of roller (comes with 3 sizes) and there are only 6! Just a heads up if anyone has been looking at these.

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
Hope it's ok to bump this old thread....wondering if any of the UK girls know the UK equivalent for the remington tight curls, I can't seem to find anything similar and shipping is so expensive!!! :(

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
kymeratale said:
I tried the Sally's by my place and the manager had no idea what I was talking about! it isn't a terribly big one though, so perhaps I will call the other ones in town.

Any non-Sally's suggestions for hotsticks in Canada? Perhaps a Canadian mail order?
Do you have the evil empire of Walmart in Canada? I hate them but it was the only place I could find em.

crwritt

One Too Many
I just found those Remington beach wave rollers at a local discount store, so I bought a set. I know this thread is a bit old, but I was wondering if everyone's still happy with them?

MissHannah

One Too Many
Ada Vice said:
Hope it's ok to bump this old thread....wondering if any of the UK girls know the UK equivalent for the remington tight curls, I can't seem to find anything similar and shipping is so expensive!!! :(

I just did a quick search on Ebay UK and found a set! I'll PM you the link :)

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
crwritt said:
I just found those Remington beach wave rollers at a local discount store, so I bought a set. I know this thread is a bit old, but I was wondering if everyone's still happy with them?

I still love mine! They are my go to hot roller set.:)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I have heated rollers that I got in Boots and they really don't work for me - my hair is just to fine and soft - even after putting them in the roller starts sliding down my hair! I have tried curling tongs and they don't last either so yesterday I bought some cheap bendy rollers in the chemist so I'm going to give them a try and see how they go.

Has anyone with fine hair used bendy rollers with success?!

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
Miss Golightly said:
I have heated rollers that I got in Boots and they really don't work for me - my hair is just to fine and soft - even after putting them in the roller starts sliding down my hair! I have tried curling tongs and they don't last either so yesterday I bought some cheap bendy rollers in the chemist so I'm going to give them a try and see how they go.

Has anyone with fine hair used bendy rollers with success?!

I have fine hair and the Remington Beach Waves rollers work great for me. They are heated "bendy" rollers. I've seen the bendy rollers in beauty supply stores that are used for cold sets but I have not tried them.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Yes i have used bendy ones and they are pretty good, although the sponge rollers are good too. Actually you made me laugh Miss G as i always get the dreaded 'hot roller slide', so i have to use loads of clips to keep the blooming things in! Dear, dear! x

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Miss Sofia & Miss Golighlty, I hear tell that these Babyliss hot rollers are the bee knees. I also have very fine hair, but thankfully it curls when I merely look at any heated device! I've used the bendy curlers to great effect too. Particularly when the hair is a tiny bit damp and you leave them in over night, you can get great results akin to a proper pincurl set.

Those babyliss curlers also have the little grips to keep them in. A spritz of hairspray or curling product before using the hot rollers or tongs makes all the difference if you don't mind too much gunk in your hair. I avoid using conditioner if I plan on curling, it takes out a lot of the grip and sleeks the hair too much. Teasing the hair a little before applying the roller can help keep it in place, its not great for your hair but every now and then!

There is another hot roller device on the market by same company as GHD, and they by all accounts are the crème de la crème. I'm sure the price reflects though. It called the 'O', I saw it in action on TV and while I don't really need it, I want it. It looks really good. Heres a review

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Jenniferose7 said:
I have fine hair and the Remington Beach Waves rollers work great for me. They are heated "bendy" rollers. I've seen the bendy rollers in beauty supply stores that are used for cold sets but I have not tried them.
Ok so I was thinking of trying these. I have the hot sticks but they don't seem to get the ends real well. Do you ( or anyone else who wants to through their 2 cents worth is welcome) have the hot sticks? If so how do they compare?

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Jenniferose7 - thanks for the confirmation that they work! I think I'll give them a trial run this weekend!

Miss Sofia - Glad that someone else know the pain of fine hair and of clips sliding down after a few minutes - must use more clips!!!!!!

Bettydarling - thanks also - I will try to sleep in them so they have a good few hours to set - I just hope they are comfy to sleep on!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
bettydarling said:
Miss Sofia & Miss Golighlty, I hear tell that these Babyliss hot rollers are the bee knees. I also have very fine hair, but thankfully it curls when I merely look at any heated device! I've used the bendy curlers to great effect too. Particularly when the hair is a tiny bit damp and you leave them in over night, you can get great results akin to a proper pincurl set.

Those babyliss curlers also have the little grips to keep them in. A spritz of hairspray or curling product before using the hot rollers or tongs makes all the difference if you don't mind too much gunk in your hair. I avoid using conditioner if I plan on curling, it takes out a lot of the grip and sleeks the hair too much. Teasing the hair a little before applying the roller can help keep it in place, its not great for your hair but every now and then!
/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, i'm in the market for some new hot rollers so i will have to invest in some of those. I'm currently using some really old carmen rollers which i think are coming to the end of their life.

Actually i haven't tried the bendy rollers overnight as i usually do pincurls or spongeroller sets which work well on my hair, so i will have to give those a whirl too and see how i get on. Thanks again. x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko