Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Mascara (for vintage looks)?

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
Lillemor, as far as I'm aware both the Define-a-Lash ones are proper mascaras, they are especially good at getting hard-to-reach lashes though, which is where the confusion may have arisen! I would totally recommend them, or at least the pink-tube one anyway. I would have thought the Falsies was more expensive?

Poison

New in Town
I think they have it back now. I don't know for how long though.
http://www.besamecosmetics.com/products.cfm/Mascara1930s/pID-17
I'm thinking of getting it. Wish their were more reviews[huh] *sighs

So girls, what is your favorite mascara, especially for vintage looks? I've been trying several but haven't found one I'm thrilled enough with to repurchase.

On another note, I am very sad that Besame quit making their 1930s Gingerbread Mascara before I got a chance to try it. (Anyone have a new tube they want to part with?)

I have tried cake mascaras -- very vintage in thought, but not what I'm used to compared to modern formulas. Usually the mascara is to thin and wet and I end up with spiky, stiff lashes.

Your turn :)

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Anyone else tried They're Real by Benefit? I have light sparse lashes and I does do what it says on the tin, but I find it a bit drying and full on for everyday wear. I prefer a creamy mascara that thickens the lashes rather than extends them. I always used to use Max Factor 1000 calorie and liked that but I also had a sample of a Clinique one that I really liked too.

I don,t know if any others in the UK find that shopping at Boots you always seem to get a free mascara in the freebee No7 giveaways, so I always have tons of those to get through!

rene_writer

Familiar Face
My mom just bought L'Oreal Million Lashes (the one in the gold tube with the fiber extensions). I used it once and fell in love with it, but I'm holding off on buying it until I finish my Great Lash. It gives massive lashes and thus converted me from a hardcore black mascara fan to actually preferring the brown. The best part is that the regular one stays on all day and usually even waterproof mascaras melt right off of me in about four hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto