Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best superhero?

Edward

Bartender
As an angst and hormone-ridden young man, the Marvel titles "spoke" to me more by having the heroes be vulnerable and flawed. Stan Lee Jack Kirby gave us anti-heroes and fed into the entire post-1960 culture that gave rise to things like Dirty Harry, etc. So I was always a Marvel guy. I read Superman and Batman, and had a special love for the Green Lantern, but it was Spiderman I had a subscription to. The nerd in me loved the F4, and I was a big Iron Man fan, as well as Cap.

There was always something "clean" or "cut and dried" about DC comics. I liked the grittier aspects of Marvel better.

Also, as somebody who hasn't followed the X-Men series (I saw the first couple, but no more), would I get anything out of Logan? Or would I be too behind the curve?

Logan is absolutely beautiful. It's as much a Western as a superhero picture, really. The ending - including the lack of Marvel's established end-credit sequences - is just perfect.

Highly, highly recommended.

I think both Marvel and DC had their clean-cut and gritty titles.

My 4 year old daughter would say wonder woman because "she's stronger than all the boys."

She's outgrown her wonder woman costume she wore 2 Halloween's ago, and has been pestering for a new one.

I assume with the success of the current movie, you should have no trouble finding one in the stores.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm