Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bib overalls and suit jackets

No suit jacket, but insulated bibs.

2015-03-01 11.19.10_resized.jpg

Happy to have found this thread. Brought back memories of seeing both my grandfathers wearing bib overalls and a suit jacket. And always with a fedora, when outdoors of course.

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
Great thread that I'll bring back to life hopefully!!!

I grew up wearing them off and on all of my life with granddaddys and uncles wearing overalls also.

Working for the Railroad, it's normal attire.
What I've gotten into in the last couple of years is buying American Made Overalls.

Two brands:

Round House, made in the old Railroad town of Shawnee, OK. Started in 1903!

Pointer Brand, made in my home state .... Bristol, Tennessee. Est. in 1913 they are manufactured under the name LC King.

Both are very high quality!

I wear denim and Hickory Stripped. I rarely put a tie on with a jacket, but will throw on a sports coat, either black or dark blue, when I go out or to a Masonic Meeting.

Being new to hats, my Stetson Open Road and Akubra Campdraft go fantastically with the attire.

I'll post a pic next time I throw on a jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
Nice looks. I like to wear a heavy plaid shirt over the overalls instead of a sportscoat.

I've got a couple heavy plaids and a denim Barn Coat. But don't have a really heavy plaid. Bet that's nice.

I wonder what a wool pea coat would look like? Ever seen that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So had a meeting tonight. Usual Work attire, with the addition of the Dress Coat.

Pics are taken by a 12 year old, so it's making me look larger than life. Haha.

My shirt wasn't button all the way up in the first two pics, but I did button the top button before leaving the house.

c49a33f4c1964ba8999e02111e974b50.jpg

Fantastic!
Hero material, right there. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ