• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Bib overalls and suit jackets

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by tonyb, May 31, 2010.

1. Cap_7597

Cap_7597 A-List Customer

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  2. It's cool enough to wear them this weekend so I'll report back. Initial impressions are good (although I probably sized up a bit too far).

3. Cap_7597

Cap_7597 A-List Customer

Sizing up too far is better than not enough. :)

Wash in hot water and dry, they'll shrink up.
    I'm wearing mine tomorrow to work. Will update you on it too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobHufford likes this.
  4. wcbrown

wcbrown One of the Regulars

Cap_7597 and BobHufford like this.
  5. Cap_7597

Cap_7597 A-List Customer

I've seen these at Tractor Supply. Didn't know if they were good or not. I'll have to get a pair.... to go with my growing collection!!!

6. wcbrown

wcbrown One of the Regulars

you won't be sorry. Price is right also.

Cap_7597 likes this.
  7. Not a big fan of overalls with zippers (even in the fly). Although my current favorite pair has a zippered fly (obvious to all at this point).

[​IMG]

I admit I have an overall "problem" with over thirty pairs and counting. Hard to pass them up in the thrift stores. I still have a few new ones that I have yet to wear.

[​IMG]

I should concentrate more on finding the proper jackets to wear with them.

handymike, Michael A and Cap_7597 like this.
  8. Cap_7597

Cap_7597 A-List Customer

Bob!!!! I have the same problem!!!! I have somewhere around 15-18 pairs. I wear them daily, so they all get worn, just takes a while to go through them.

The only brands I have are Liberty, Pointer and Round House. Guess I need to venture out.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

BobHufford likes this.
  9. Cap_7597

Cap_7597 A-List Customer

Tried out the Fisher Overalls today. And let me tell you, they are great for the price!!!

[​IMG]

The material is very soft and they look like all the stitches are Firm. The buckles needed just a little adjusting, but everything holds firm. The first pair I received didn't have buttons on the fly, so they sent me another pair for free. Great customer service.

So the only bad thing is there is no pocket watch pocket nor a place to hook your chain. In the pic I have a safety pin in. But I can get one installed.

For $12.95, you can't go wrong. Will be seeing how they look with my coat on soon.

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. So...yeah...picked up a couple more pairs of Big Smiths for $2.00 each at the thrift. A Chinese pair for my wife and a USA pair for me (with an awesome knee patch). Also a hat that @Cap_7597 might be familiar with.

[​IMG]

Bamaboots, Michael A and Cap_7597 like this.
  11. Cap_7597

Cap_7597 A-List Customer

Sweet!!!! Really like the finds! The hat is classic!!! :)

BobHufford likes this.
  12. Michael A

Michael A Call Me a Cab

handymike, andy b., Bamaboots and 2 others like this.
  13. Cap_7597

Cap_7597 A-List Customer

Looks Great Michael! I had a couple of pair as a kid. I'd sure like to find some now that fit me. Such class!!!

Michael A likes this.
  14. Michael A

Michael A Call Me a Cab

Thanks Cap. I haven't had a whole lot of luck finding ones that fit me in the thrifts. They seem to come either in extra short or XXL.

Michael

Cap_7597 likes this.
  15. Cap_7597

Cap_7597 A-List Customer

Same here too!

Michael A likes this.
  16. Fortunately I'm XXL. :) I found some last year that were 54" waist, 24" inseam. I left them there...

Cap_7597 and Michael A like this.
  17. Michael A

Michael A Call Me a Cab

They seem to come with premium pricing around here too. They have 3 pair of striped ones, can't remember if they are Key or Lee, that they want $19.50 ea.

Are you sure they weren't shorts for a giant?

Michael

BobHufford likes this.
  18. Benproof

Benproof A-List Customer

They look good on Michael but I'm going to have to try harder to get into liking wearing man bib dungarees without too much of Marky Mark or a 9 year old girl with coke bottle glasses and two bunches look or a pregnant autodealer. I can see the real advantages - since there is no belt, nothing catches when you do the auto repairs; also when eating without a bib, the shirt gets protected from spills.

Workwear looks like it's done well without looking costumey.