Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sheep Hat Works

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Steve and Daniele.

Steve, the cord hanger is a direct result of Bob seeing some of your great European finds.

Daniele, I'm a sucker for a nice straw hat and Bob knows it ;)

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Here there is the excellent works of refurbishing-remodel BSHW done for a Borsalino I sent them.
This Borsalino has many issues, one of the worst some part of the brims are faded.
This was the main request: “The gray fedora Borsalino needs to be cleaned and rebuild with the substitution of the damaged parts: ribbon and wind trolley

Before
wtxdsn.jpg

22nhwp.jpg

I also need to have it resized in 7 1/2, it was a very tight 7 3/8
zv5ugk.jpg

293bqc7.jpg

So we have to choose a color for the ribbon and a bow. I think it could be let it as open crown to be shape time from time”
We had chosen a blue navy ribbon with the same “shark gill” bow and a little increase of the crown, not in highness, but more “fat”

After
5bxo2v.jpg

2nsalci.jpg

The real color is more light grey than in this pictures that are too warm
24pgy0h.jpg

10rqn44.jpg

Excellent work. Very well made with a particular attention to details. The Borsalino is now at its best

Bravo Bob!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Manfred and philosopy.

Here the second hat I sent to BSWH for the renovation.
It is a Homburg sold in Bratislava in a shop called Mayer. It could be before the IIWW.
I have a special expectation from this because I like it very much
This was my main request.
“The mauve Homburg Borsalino has some spot on the ribbon that curled the brim. It needs to be cleaned and reblocked as homburg.
You told me previously that you have not the same ribbon, so we have to chose a new one and maybe a new, also, for the brims if the one now on the hat will not be cleaned”
BEFORE
whlliv.jpg

t7fhv7.jpg

11qshfd.jpg

AFTER
2j4809u.jpg

28iokmg.jpg

New ribbon and original linen
2djum8k.jpg

r7kwom.jpg

I love this Borsalino color and the hat is very good.
You know I have a soft spot in my heart for homburg.
I let the old ribbon on the brim with the spot on the left side and now I wonder if it is good or not.
Also this one was resized for my 7 1/2 head.

Bob was the master. He deserves a big hurrah!

It is a pleasure to see beautiful and sensitive restorations like these. I'm guessing yes, but to confirm - was it necessary to sacrifice the triple stitch detail at the brim edge of hat#1?

Ginseng

One of the Regulars
Hat For My Father Tribute

Hi Folks,

I've already posted pictures and the story of my hat in this thread so I won't bog up Bob's thread with all of the same. I would be pleased, however, to leave a photo of the hat and me wearing it here.

Again, my gratitude for the hat and delight with the experience working with Bob are utmost.

Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider