Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sheep Hat Works

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thank you everyone for such kind compliments.

Here's some more details of the wind/stampede strings. They're just a simple leather braid. The 'tab' end slips between the sweatband and the inside of the crown, then hooks on to the button. This was a late addition to the project and I like the implementation here. I've seen detachable strings on some western hat sellers sites which have cotter pins....this seems like a more refined solution to having the strings on or off.

Here's a shot of the brim treatment, it's a very fine stitching, with an added concentric row. It reminds me of some Borsalino treatments. Bob also told me he just got in this very cool stamp for his sweatband.

Nicely done stitching. Thanx.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
so amazingly gorgeous

I'd love to see a shot of that tip liner if you could
Bob posted a nice shot to Facebook
12711289_10154590046071679_5061109851515419746_o.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Paid a visit to my favorite local hatter today to iron out some details on a new hat project. Later, Bob showed me a terrific Supernatural that he was threatening to cut the brim off for a Duplex order. I tried it on and it fit so a rescue commenced. The sweat was all there but moldy and stiff and some stitches popped when Bob tried to clean it. Bob said if I had time (duh) he'd put in a new sweat. What a treat for me to watch.

Somebody asked a while back where Bob sourced his ventilated sweats, here's the answer

Every hole and stitch by hand. The end result

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
OK Now were talkin hats !
Good high quality talent reviving a great Milan
Great Pics great sweatband work there, see you got me out of hat hibernation here Mike.. Good Stuff Bob.
Nice hats for Garrett there as well
Vintage felt too , nice very nice

Hmmm like button here now ? Ive been out of circulation too long
che

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Hi Aaron ! my 1st like to You Amigo
Some special hats here & I enjoyed em all as I caught up here..
I especially enjoy Standing out from the Flock as I keep some Black Sheep hats in the regular rotation.
che

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21