Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sheep Hat Works

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I wanted to give a shout-out to Bob for some masterful refurb work. I picked up this 30s Stetson Feather Weight Nutria Quality Stetsonian some time ago, despite the fact that the unreeded sweatband desperately needed to be resown. I wore it nonetheless, until the day that the final thread gave on the band. I talked to Bob about the chances for repair, and he said I should send it on to him; he would do what he could. And what could he do? The man hand-stitched the original sweatband back in using the original stitching holes:

IMG_4662.JPG
IMG_4670.JPG

IMG_4674.JPG
IMG_4676.JPG

Bob is so wonderful to work with; he's always friendly and patient, and even while running a booming bespoke hat business, he finds the time to act as a conservator on our vintage treasures. What a true artisan!

A

Wow that is great work! Imagine having to stitch each of those....would drive me batty! Hahah!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Bob just finished a project we started when he acquired some vintage hat bodies last year. He thinks they are from the 50's and he had to buy the inventory of a closing hat shop to get them. Many were moth damaged but about a dozen where deemed high grade enough for Bob to offer them to customers. There are some very interesting colors in the bunch and one of them was a blue I had to have. I asked for an early Playboy inspired hat and here it is:

I strayed from the simple Playboy bow a bit

Aeration vent and of course a new unique vented sweat

The handy hat hanger which I believe is going to be standard equipment now

Mikey Likey!

RJR

Bob just finished a project we started when he acquired some vintage hat bodies last year. He thinks they are from the 50's and he had to buy the inventory of a closing hat shop to get them. Many were moth damaged but about a dozen where deemed high grade enough for Bob to offer them to customers. There are some very interesting colors in the bunch and one of them was a blue I had to have. I asked for an early Playboy inspired hat and here it is:

Mikey Likey!
That is a beauty,I love the vent and sweat.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Mikey Likey!
Everything about that hat is stunning!
Man that's gorgeous.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks RJR, Bob, and Roger.

Also ready was another Duplex conceived during a lively get together with Bob and Garrett where hat bodies were strewn everywhere and some fine liquor inspired us. One of the vintage felts deemed too damaged to offer caught my eye because of the eye popping powder blue color. The brim was only slightly moth damaged and Bob remembered a slightly damaged blue sisal he had. Garrett remembered a killer pug Bob was hoarding for himself and all of a sudden cutting and mocking up began. It was deemed kool and I was gonna owe Bob more money. I think I'm gonna call it the Bluplex:

There was an added surprise from Bob though, his new through the sweat/crown vent

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Also ready was another Duplex conceived during a lively get together with Bob and Garrett where hat bodies were strewn everywhere and some fine liquor inspired us. One of the vintage felts deemed too damaged to offer caught my eye because of the eye popping powder blue color. The brim was only slightly moth damaged and Bob remembered a slightly damaged blue sisal he had. Garrett remembered a killer pug Bob was hoarding for himself and all of a sudden cutting and mocking up began. It was deemed kool and I was gonna owe Bob more money. I think I'm gonna call it the Bluplex:

There was an added surprise from Bob though, his new through the sweat/crown vent

That is insane! NOT in a bad way, either! To date, that is the best looking warm weather hat EVER! The Pug and colors all take it to a new level of ENVY! Geez. And as such with you explaining it was a "hodge podge" of hats and such to come out like the winner that one is! Have to LOVE that Pug as well. It all looks vintage and custom. That is a hat of hats! I will have to think those working at Black Sheep have a fantastic knack for beauty in a hat.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Mikey Likey!
Another home run! I sure do think you have added some darn nice hats to your ownership! That looks like a Stetson Playboy and even with the bow work a bit more custom, only makes it look better and like the real deal. In fact, that hat IS the real deal!

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family

Mikey Likey!

Mike, very nice hats. Bob sure does first class work. I will one day afford one of his hats, I have my eye on The Bismark and The Imperial. Actually The Imperial in Black with the Long Hair finish of The Bismark would be fantastic. Anyway, you sure have great taste in hats. Wear them proudly.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Mikey Likey!
Stunning! Did Bob add more moth holes to the crown...? ;)

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I just got my new summer travelling hat from Bob.

We discussed what would make a great travelling hat and we agreed with a milan duplex. Bob found me a nice vintage milan and when I saw the color I asked him if he could make the brim with a hand dyed color. I asked for a petroleum blue.

This is the result:

vYvA-AVSUZq_gGXfAYReDhGjfPUFrgzzmzCNAyOOGksqI0Z-SxiKuJI8iIaxhPpLwM6gdqrpMpagdX7NG5pG2Fhhx_qJT6Eiy8YCftBTfMKUSt3XmzhgOVnRjy1UAb4oY0eXUycKecppGn7UjoKtwQ13xPkSLLnhAO6uaw-w-bBgdl58XTCp33IP2wlwYWtMiXIlPSfH7pMnOv26bbwSd18-vRsYlxD2F3g8UaAONNJYvxdN2OLtf56NsBB4PMnHYIeRtUBebPcuryvgdqXW3UI5y2np0qTtct2z5dsrV9PVDmpaNO4KPkhBjbx4CgFL3w1wtZNshiEk3o32AIiUxAhGfKipfT-xM_YHw5tp1DJygVudRrSdNsqhjyWRfNzRgII3c-_-p8Y9T3MfMr2hj9dapTpbpn4mFBt9ru9RGK_R6pLO-1XF7kNoIYkgJAkaTYp12P1x9ZAlx55e2ivR9p2CSkYVihvHtTuuvXvyBy-aQu20VbE2IBJ_uFVcQ1nfKUncsZSCrn553RGTCKMc5kEQ5sT2IHFTvgEfcgOlsTN0L91016fuQxF2J49UuqwIN3ry282pbsRgH-FDgKr5XmOHKg=w800-h533-no

6RgCGtdd6jk_9dpiirq-8XkK-suvrZaJbkF9FrN84_0tB1qBXenPnmBifo69hNntZJGu8i6UuIT8ImsWis5Mlu-s2TlifxyQf1gvg2cIpjz08ieBBvHNp6CXqUrLPd8eKUJw9S8u7W1iLACFCzTQcFRtRfqXBEp4Rb9VIwca_VolOX90rFod9rHsW3uKadwHZnzU0S6bxYPDR1BALzHDzNcm_Q3Ifk8TAiPuAXsDPLwIixu_Me3lH1hktoDB9f87I3NLmWkeJ8SNey8ICWzG6kv8Mdw4AtM9aUOlNRuf5ibyTQ1dl4HRRsL-ZWKDu22OFJhjqnAyNPo2bQovcB2pVZbv2IeHCfTJpK8l7bfpN-m4GRNvsdc7R-nCuwD87PuqY9d3NF3MsJk-adOGBpcjhtMx97D2zZ7WSdxbUk4_ZrRA0jvebHKzZbMu_ynD8vGyscQjRWEcT5Vp7HKtVSMUMW4QiTPKlJzWIKy6CqNZsAJql2Uh4hgEeoBqAMklxEOrSikU5twcUgb1CVrPqlzgFh-V5CjrVu4WFydd05_O8Bh5yVvxRJCivahHXqHpPZrj8R_8kIZnaOEEAFmfSHIlp_Jk7w=w800-h533-no

FUGXrijSwQxpE4pi1Qf71vVEu1kLMoZKZgJkNHyh6Lb-urMo-KPDNzgqccCInwCNx17HksKyCGw5p2CEUKIbn2LZRcH38lCWU57n8XcfGPgGOC_VBXIaxfRdsQc52VtH069ZQDSsxW8WkVnz_T7xi_-gIqt0vUoy-8GOW_L3q5hj1Xh6GmSwgzlypKpRQ5JIoUQLWj1n0K0WIuetB1i6k69K8RunimJVRS3etw2YL7iireNjGi62ovvQI_kqfEmeEYXJbzdscCQVhhZvNqxlU8KKiT-gyKyY5eqpI-3fHrhXUTOnfh8b5ijH-dw4BULAvBQuEN5kkQQLyxFP_FA-OvZYS2Cv4bSuFOlRzMYWxf5emy3bUoP3nO1YU_fZuxDF59xWrjr7ld-T7-N0l4K7yk5eAnuu5dP9wJN0Rh9Wm9JChE6zX79FvTtiOUQS9bwDeKeD8SaPheT3dnK3z2ebCuwTVk-qsv_ojfAh41u06vWZBFTNcpK0fwPJ1X-F2SSWLsZKKnZ1XJAk7cn6afadVg16Fmw6V_C8B8bYdlhh-dyGgr1ptdxvM-xZsnN0LTNAi6YKtPu9DnJJku-YCL9JyFqWnQ=w800-h533-no

The brown wind trolley is a great addition.

uh4jVfDGZIX9CShrcumZ0tm64Bn2CvH6vQyKkGY4ffeHqnVqr0W-DPiNvxOGwK9ITqAeZU-5J_sXGV6OfL430UrGnxAK2j4FfjRFZfMZh0Re0ix5_Q2c2cklHOcmMd7sqH0ketoCpXgP8b7l8yM1E2K9muB8ZAIQmo20cFHiAIhJNp6_fRor0cQWQfil8IZQlFaUqMN_CqRFjT0CU7TvMgGUDHjNuEH29nWQPocgKV6YeTXfw_T2zJ7-kP2z4Lo0o2l31L9WoQ-vxhYnPnV80uTXWKVpcvd7GAfBvtpF_qIIBWhCJ29h7Av77vxqxQMdJQ5a4xtyyb1BMamXrIdv4oB-hwXH8CjZwD3FyecKwquleQy3oWXhg00WutwQLAocOgDiKAmlWIIaw0I3EOHpQ7hNBP4_jE5xBXaCdjEaydLqMMGYsJHZqQYszn-w8DeR4u_L5-R2bl5WXIqrW_OClDLSVkeJwF_MkSCx_1eqirzJC3i0kI_cUzwVU7ISRplycBJJ7o3HQTN1y0zQ-73k0kDT9g7JHLqrE60eZS2J5Z5oNvl8xJzvgfuvZWOreLagspo9tK6x7l08di7E3rfMBBtBVQ=w800-h533-no

aJ_et1ZmhBvhDZBOjO-29rVU1HrKQpnISxiJqO8YHrd9VEzA7VaaQSdaEEo427HYaAKCvSDpd_7gZw-15yBoizXOAjimdPhXC-PvZ5WioRkB7XZf3Im0X8Yqzi3EWsmJphjqohyotUZTOe23FRJj91tt1mRToOXdmX98FIdQ17n0-D4BsjTgjcfQAQH3XhwEiqUDN9DSw6Oje_IYelQAreJXGrprrl7LbC3wcj67ZJUokXQreFLaTby341Y_C_MO9EtoVQnLcSA7s4tuJ4KLNX4eKt3IWz-VS9cCSNbrSggcksuuWA9vgfegdH91Gk2AStm3rygg0YXjzJmVN8Y9RLsP6D82d6lyA-ooWbkbGr0SVNj1YT09s-RP2Xjp9pb37AKiSiUPkOokvyFIYSOOXV23oq22IhHTBPYK4ZSHNP6o4aWRBkv65tOoE0ZINxrzKfTKB6hSFDlvpvjttrXIrZacpqLuRacCH2s-Yqi2LhreUKdN64YK5Y1ligYNbIy74NuMsOMrlEND330eTK-qQFeoifn87HuLSh-7J34ZVnquhEqXMsdddY30TpBP2C7xXWJX5zx38RXlyIMVYuoV8oG8PQ=w800-h533-no

hfVEPm_olrQugozriFdYMGNB7GaXWFmvLRqLPMqdR-Gv12nxtNWns1P05vxb81dayICVFUunB7FZNflDV2jfX5kX213c1zz0dbMcn1VHATyGZtj7jmp25IQfrXX62JcTJzDFVukBT0y457LRyDhL2Ksm37Jk-D79dmbfSA7odl5B028_f_4dF89KNJJAEkLzojm7OhPQyMqqYLNU6fZWI3T3YxK1SLu9v52lemivM7mxFxn1Y3-voidhWBoFzEWhlsk7R-GV-G-Oofb-k9Pps9_ZbYLMZ-Ga2B6wTTkz218gBEiXP2m8SeFL9yx7vy6CAygipGUz7sXawCE6dQ8mFeyOy599K4jGddSERmaT5Tkj6KiwIB-dcEFv6qHt7iyE58om36MTSqVekDOPO_2hOVjZ0khXUT7Uw32CjfxCQMjhaZu6I4N4Sl-FeulBrLsuFHABIQ-p1dxx8EwB5Z6wGiaOt8lC6V1imKHSSIYPxa5RtDqWzDQyS5FAgKKILxWj4xseFr770xFNcMzHCLYPVA4KZRF6ITWAlSJOgFckxdT3UsbdtlC_QJsP0j8TTJ2NJeDEJSoaYZY6sW7ljNeAwZSkqA=w800-h533-no

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk