Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blouse on A League of Their Own

MinnieRose

Familiar Face
Dottie wears a yellow blouse at the end of the movie with a 'roll' type collar and three 'flounces' (or something). She also wears a similar that is blue earlier in the movie.

Have any of you ever come across a pattern that looks even remotely similar? If you have or do, I'd love to see it. I want one *so* badly!

Kim

texasgirl

One Too Many
I tried to screen capture a picture from youtube videos, but couldn't get a good shot- They show just a bit of the yellow in one of them but not good enough to really see it. Yeah, if you can post a picture, might have better luck :)

MinnieRose

Familiar Face
I have googled and youtubed and only found one picture of her wearing that blouse, but the picture is just little more than a head shot.

At one time my mother could have made this without any problem. She was a very good seamstress, but now her hands are gnarled with arthritis.

I'll keep looking ~ thanks!

AvaTrimble

New in Town
I know I'm dredging up an exceedingly old thread here, but I can't help it. I just re-watched A League of Their Own for about the millionth time yesterday (along with The King and I, it was one of my very most favorite movies as a child), and was googling the lounge for mentions of it to see what people had to say as the movie was winding down. Just as I was admiring Dottie's lovely yellow blouse, I ran across this thread!

And just now, while looking for a pattern for pajamas, I ran across a very close match on the Decades of Style website - http://www.decadesofstyle.com/produ...id=42&osCsid=62fcfb9c59e99d50924775c2498b2004

Replaying the movie for a closer examination - the DoS pattern has all-in-one cap sleeves, while the movie blouse has separate, tailored-style sleeves. Both have foldover collars of about the same depth, but while the movie blouse definitely has a shawl collar, the pattern's is notched; I can't tell the construction from the picture. The pattern's additional collar shapes would need to be lengthened, and the shape changed slightly, but hey, for everyone else who fell in love with that blouse, it's a dandy starting point!

That's all. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana