Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

Creeping Past

One Too Many
vintage68 said:
I noticed that as well, what's up with that? I loved Deadwood and Carnivale and both were canceled because the productions were just too expensive. Doesn't HBO employ accountants?

Deadwood finished at just the right point, I reckon. I want more of it, but I'm happy with what there is.

Story

I'll Lock Up
http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/33/21/bh_boardwalkempire_2010_05_21_bk.html

Heh.

33_21_boardwalkempire04_z.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Creeping Past said:
Deadwood finished at just the right point, I reckon. I want more of it, but I'm happy with what there is.

They speed up Deadwood's stories because they knew it was getting canned. I think a breather of the plots over at least one more season would have been great.

LD

Bustercat

A-List Customer
vintage68 said:
I noticed that as well, what's up with that? I loved Deadwood and Carnivale and both were canceled because the productions were just too expensive. Doesn't HBO employ accountants?

Rome, too.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I saw an HBO "First Look" on Boardwalk Empire. It really looks amazing, and the wardrobe will have the FL buzzing for months to come: suits, hats, caps, overcoats, workwear and even the haircuts, all look perfect.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Walking The Boardwalk Empire

Riding the success of the “Sopranos,” HB0 premieres a new series this Sunday about mobsters in New Jersey. “Boardwalk Empire” is set in 1920’s Atlantic City, when prohibition is in full swing and so are the gangsters and corrupt politicians set on making a fortune selling bootleg booze. Here & Now’s critic-at-large Ed Siegel has a preview.

http://www.hereandnow.org/

Audio available after 2:00 PM ET

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Creeping Past said:
Deadwood finished at just the right point, I reckon.
That was the thought of David Milch, the creator and executive producer, who pulled the plug on Deadwood. Given its druthers, HBO would have run it into the ground.

Milch told the Boston Globe:

"If a series is successful, the commercial interest is in keeping it on, even after the creative interest is in ending it," Milch told the Globe. "With `Deadwood,' my intention is to end at the end of the fourth season. I can't speak for anyone else, but that's where I'm getting off the bus."

Story

I'll Lock Up
This Sunday, HBO premiere’s its new series Boardwalk Empire, set in Atlantic City in the 1920 during the year of prohibition. It’s central character—Nucky Thompson – is based on the real-life Enoch “Nucky” Johnson, the political boss who ruled Atlantic City for three decades. We’ll talk about 1920’s Atlantic City, Nucky Johnson and the influence of the mob in the prohibition era with DAN GOOD of the Press of Atlantic City who also wrote the paper's documentary Boss of the Boardwalk, Atlantic city historian ALLEN “BOO” PERGAMENT and the GEORGE ANASTASIA of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

http://whyy.org/cms/radiotimes/2010/09/16/atlantic-city-in-the-prohibition-era/

WH1

Practically Family
Well just finished viewing the premiere episode and I was not disappointed in the least. As a matter of fact I can see where I will be spending my sunday evenings. Great story, acting and the sets and costumes are excellent. I was a fan of Steve Buscemi anyway but he is excellent in this. THere are some outstanding moments. I particularly found th scene with the incubators fascinating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk