Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

emigran

Practically Family
BTW It's not certain that Nucky really died... he was in pain for sure and there was still life in his eyes... and given that the show is partially based on real characters, the real Nucky (Johnson) the undisputed Atlantic City racketeer who was imprisoned for taxes in 1941 and acutually was alive till 1968...

frussell

One Too Many
He's not dead. He's living in a house with John Dillinger and Elvis. Sometimes they have dinner and a movie with Tupac Shakur.
BTW It's not certain that Nucky really died... he was in pain for sure and there was still life in his eyes... and given that the show is partially based on real characters, the real Nucky (Johnson) the undisputed Atlantic City racketeer who was imprisoned for taxes in 1941 and acutually was alive till 1968...

Kirk H.

One Too Many
It was a bittersweet ending….but hey I am just glad that it did not end like the Sopranos….all the characters enter the Club Onyx….Happy Days Are Here Again playing…and then fade to black.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414592653.131009.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414592672.294852.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414592684.967954.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
No, you're NOT the only one to notice that the age of young Mr. Darmoty was "off" a bit. My only question is, last we saw he was being raised by Harrow's ex-girlfriend and her drunken Dad. Who told him of his "true past"? Did he kill Nucky in revenge for his Father or Grandmother? Yeah the flashbacks really worked on this show. They tied the whole thing up, put it all together... Problem is though the foreshadowing was so obviously heavy that when he does git blown away it was like "enough already"! And who was those badge weilding cats at the end? Private Dicks he hired for protection? If they were they faild miserably. Never thought that, in the end the show could make Al Capone a more sympathetic figure than Nucky Thompson.

Worf

Plot holes galore!

What a bad ending to a lame season..

I guess the writers knew this was the final season and half a$$ed it.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Very sad. My thanks to a fine gentleman and member here, Ed Wiser, Esq. Ed kept my need for weekly BWE satisfied over the past few years!! Thanks Ed!

Regards, Paddy.

Edward

Bartender
More to the point.... when is the DVD box set out? I've been waiting several years for that, since I saw thed first episode on a non-subscription channel round the time it first aired.

fashion frank

One Too Many
I just bought the box set on free bay for $60.00 bucks with free shipping.
I can watch it on my computer on hbo-go but it's way better watching it on a big flat screen,cant wait till it gets here!

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I just finished season 2 (late to the game and I just got access). I'm almost done with it already. It felt like they weren't sure of a season three, so they just started slaughtering everyone. The show could end nicely right where I am.

I love the sets and costumes and props. And especially that they incorporate various phonographs into many of the scenes. I think the real deal music helps set the mood perfectly.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I really liked the second season, though it brings the Jimmy storyline to its logical ending... and while the show is still definitely worthwhile in the remaining seasons, none of the subsequent adversaries are personal to Nucky in the same way. There's still lots of great stuff ahead, but something is missing much of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk