Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bob popped my cherry with a Knox 20..!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well chaps, I am a Fedora virgin no longer! Thanks to Bob, he released one of his prized hats (a lovely Knox 20) to me and floated it across the pond to the UK. It fits a treat, having it enlarged ever so slightly to fit my US sized 7 1/8 head. I love the quality of it, it's got a good weight and feels just right on my crown. So..with a bit of time I'll shape it just right to suit me. But to be honest, it won't be a major change to the essential hat that came through the door.

Took a few snaps, as often they speak a thousand words, and you guys know what you are looking for anyway! But it's not too far off what it must have been like when it was first picked off the shelf one Xmas eve many moons ago :)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
...Begin the Beguine...

..That's All Folks!...thanks for looking :)

To be honest...I am 'over the moon' with this wee number from Bob, at a price that many lesser modern hats are selling at. This is true vintage class..!

THANKS BOB...!! (hope you got my email). Cheers!

havershaw

Practically Family
Paddy,
It looks great on you! I'm so glad it went to a good home. And it really does resemble that trainer's hat from Seabiscuit, in color, if nothing else (I think this hat loos a little classier than that one).
Anyway, glad you're enjoying the hat. It looks fantastic on you. And I did get your email, and as far as the spots on the underside of the brim, I hadn't noticed them, but I've seen another hat I've got that has them. Naptha takes just about everything out, and is safe to use on the hat. I would try that.

Yep, you can't go wrong with a nice Knox. Fits you just right. I like the ribbon on it as well. Knox really knew (notice the past tense reference) how to make a hat in the old days. My wife has my Knox Premier. It seems the person who listed it could not read the size correctly. :rage: Ah, my loss is her gain. Probably looks better on her anyway. :D

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana