Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bows take a bow

EstherWeis

Vendor
This is one for a 20's cloche inspired ladies hat.

62adcb548838c2b62e89b89ef69392d0.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Here's a few pics of my own ribbon replacement work....

Resistol Stagecoach

R_Silverbelly_02.jpg

Another Resistol Stagecoach

RS_04.jpg

Fast forward! I changed out the bow work on both Resistols since those pics were taken. The ribbons were just too wide for that style of bow.....the stitching is also hidden on the bow work of both hats now

The brown one now has a 6 ply mid ribbon with a simple bow....

Western_Indy_05.jpg

Stagecoach_B.jpg

Stagecoach_C.jpg

I changed out the Silverbelly as well and replaced it with a thin ribbon and campaign style bow...

Stagecoach_R_04.jpg

Stagecoach_R_11.jpg

A_Stagecoach_Silverbelly_Hat_04.jpg

Esther: that ribbon looks really nice. I like the bow on that too.

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
I like the thin ribbon campaign style bow a lot.

Esther, I love that bow - you seem to have a lot more leeway to get artistic with women's hats than with men's, generally.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is my interpretation of a bow that I saw on ebay recently on one of the hats dinerman was selling. Though this hat needed a wider ribbon treatment so I tried it out here for the first time.

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
Scott, I've been away for a while and have had to catch up (in multiple ways), but in reviewing your work over the last year or so, I am truly and sincerely impressed with what I've seen you produce.

It is plain that you love doing this, that you want to and are improving on a daily basis, and that you take great pride in every improvement in your methodology and work product along the way.

Having recently made my first attempt at a "Chevron" bow for Harv, I can now agree with TobyB that they really are difficult to execute well. You have done a great job - one that IMHO competes with hatters of high regard.

As far as I am concerned (for what that is worth) you are a "real" hatter, and stand in select company. Your commitment to the art truly shows.

I say hurrah and huzzah!!! Well done! Salut!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
One of my own. Dillinger / Depp inspired Stagecoach conversion. Don't get bent, Joao. I didn't have much choice. The brim was broken on the Stagecoach when I got it. I was lucky to get 2 3/8 out of the brim....

1 3/4 Burgundy ribbon with double bow...

Resistol_Black_3_RC.jpg

Resistol_Black_4_RC.jpg

Resistol_Black_2_RC.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk