Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boy Scout Camping this past weekend

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
We had a great time. Camped out with 300 participants (boys & adult leaders) at the Fall Camporee.

Our troop's representatives were small in number, but they had a ball.

All day Saturday they got to shoot guns at a hunting lodge (under lots of careful supervision). My son got to shoot skeet for the first time in his life. It was a little rainy Friday night, and a little brisk Saturday morning... But a brisk damp day camping is better than a beautiful day when you're stuck in the office.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/550088_10151128515626633_109615628_n.jpg (Not boys from my troop, but our guys did this too)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Loved Scout Jamborees!
I read about a large gathering this past weekend down South. Is this the same one? It was huge from what I read.
We went to 2 camps, one in Eudora Mississippi, and one in Hardy Arkansas.
For some reason, of all the years I went, I remember one class where we made arrows. Okay so mine didn't shoot straight, thankfully I didn't choose woodcarving as my profession! :)
Great times for the kids I can assure you, that will leave wonderful memories.

Auld Edwardian

A-List Customer
Good for you C44Antelope,

I spent 28 years in Scouting before I got married, and am involved very actively on the sidelines as my little guy is a Cub Scout at present. I have many great memories as as an Assistant Scoutmaster, Scoutmaster, and an Advisor on several Committees of my Order of the Arrow Lodge. And have been to two National Jamborees. Now I hope to get to do a lot of fun things with my son to give him and the other boys good memories, and learn some useful life skills along the way.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Thanks for all the well wishes. The camporee was in Hamilton, Illinois (near the Mississippi River - see the Southeast corner of Iowa and look about 10 miles East). Hope to make a National Jamboree some day.

It never rains on Scout outings, either lite mist, mist, heavy mist, or torrential mist...
I've been back in Scouting since my son volunteered me to be a Den Leader in 1998.
He has aged out after making Eagle but I am involved at the District level with Eagle Service Project Proposal approval.
We need active adults to keep a good program available "For the Boys!"

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
It never rains on Scout outings, either lite mist, mist, heavy mist, or torrential mist...
I've been back in Scouting since my son volunteered me to be a Den Leader in 1998.
He has aged out after making Eagle but I am involved at the District level with Eagle Service Project Proposal approval.
We need active adults to keep a good program available "For the Boys!"

We need 'em alright. But once you get in to the program, it's hard to give it up. It's so much fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider