Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Branded Garments vintage 1970s MC jacket

pgoat

One Too Many
I'm selling this jacket as it is a size 44 and I usually take a 40-42. While this is a snug 44 and more or less works on me as far as chest and shoulders fit, it's just too long in the body and sleeves for me (I'm 5' 8"). I bought it on the bay only recently and would love to keep it but I just bought a few 42s and am much happier with the the fit of those so I'd like this to go to a new home.

A (3).jpg

It's a super nice, heavy duty jacket with nice cowhide. There are a few very faint whitish marks here and there (see sleeve detail shot), they look like they would just wash right off with a damp cloth.

More Photos are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/44195255@N04/albums/72157688710241936

This is a 1970s era Branded Garments from the era when Branded still used their iconic gold-on-black embroidered label, not the current black leather stamped label. Made in the USA, as are all their jackets to this day. Branded is based in LIC, NY and provides the official leather gear to the NYPD and other major organizations, so you know this is a top quality item. The leather is thick and substantial; the brass snaps and zippers are super high quality, with a beefy Talon main zip in perfect working order.

It would be great for someone 5'10-6'2" who takes a snug 44; roomy in the upper back and snug in the waist.

The chest (measured with the jacket zipped shut, laying flat on a table) is 23" across from armpit to armpit.

The shoulders are 19.25" across the back, from top seam to seam at the widest points.

This one is in incredible condition. The leather is barely broken in, still smooth and not dried out. There are a few tiny marks which look like they would just wipe away with any mild leather balm or conditioner (please see photo of sleeve), but no scuffs or signs of damage. No smells, loose threads, or any other problems. There are two tiny pin holes in one lapel flap, a sign that someone had a small pin affixed there at some point. Other than that, there is hardly a sign that this jacket was ever worn.

Includes original black fleece zip-in lining, in excellent spotless condition, so this is truly an adjustable, year-round piece of outerwear. It has two belt loops in front and back, and if you prefer a belt, you can add any 2" Sam Browne or Langlitz type belt with a brass buckle. Branded still makes this model http://www.mcssl.com/store/brandedleather/catalog/product/fad07aaa57e3406eb5cbc1cfad57d723 so you can even pick up a matching belt from them.

I'm looking for $250.

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I'm selling this jacket as it is a size 44 and I usually take a 40-42. While this is a snug 44 and more or less works on me as far as chest and shoulders fit, it's just too long in the body and sleeves for me (I'm 5' 8"). I bought it on the bay only recently and would love to keep it but I just bought a few 42s and am much happier with the the fit of those so I'd like this to go to a new home.

View attachment 86835

It's a super nice, heavy duty jacket with nice cowhide. There are a few very faint whitish marks here and there (see sleeve detail shot), they look like they would just wash right off with a damp cloth.

More Photos are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/44195255@N04/albums/72157688710241936

This is a 1970s era Branded Garments from the era when Branded still used their iconic gold-on-black embroidered label, not the current black leather stamped label. Made in the USA, as are all their jackets to this day. Branded is based in LIC, NY and provides the official leather gear to the NYPD and other major organizations, so you know this is a top quality item. The leather is thick and substantial; the brass snaps and zippers are super high quality, with a beefy Talon main zip in perfect working order.

It would be great for someone 5'10-6'2" who takes a snug 44; roomy in the upper back and snug in the waist.

The chest (measured with the jacket zipped shut, laying flat on a table) is 23" across from armpit to armpit.

The shoulders are 19.25" across the back, from top seam to seam at the widest points.

This one is in incredible condition. The leather is barely broken in, still smooth and not dried out. There are a few tiny marks which look like they would just wipe away with any mild leather balm or conditioner (please see photo of sleeve), but no scuffs or signs of damage. No smells, loose threads, or any other problems. There are two tiny pin holes in one lapel flap, a sign that someone had a small pin affixed there at some point. Other than that, there is hardly a sign that this jacket was ever worn.

Includes original black fleece zip-in lining, in excellent spotless condition, so this is truly an adjustable, year-round piece of outerwear. It has two belt loops in front and back, and if you prefer a belt, you can add any 2" Sam Browne or Langlitz type belt with a brass buckle. Branded still makes this model http://www.mcssl.com/store/brandedleather/catalog/product/fad07aaa57e3406eb5cbc1cfad57d723 so you can even pick up a matching belt from them.

I'm looking for $250.
Can you please add a photo of the back?

pgoat

One Too Many
Thanks! I'm having second thoughts already... The wife saw me trying it on and said "Why are you selling that? It fits fine!" I think I can actually get away with the torso length, it's just a hair longer than a typical 42 bike jacket on me. It's mostly the sleeves that are too long on me, even by bike jacket standards. The sleeves on MC jackets that fit me well are about 1-1.5" shorter.
IMG_0123.JPG

These are really great, underrated jackets. I had a Branded way back in the day - it was my first really good jacket and I foolishly sold it when I later 'upgraded' to a Schott (this was back when I still actually fell for that 'one comes in; one goes out' line!). Oddly, that one fit much larger - it was a different (boxier) cut, model 808, in size 42, and it had silver tone hardware, with a sewn-in quilted lining and attached half belt. I sold it to a friend who was riding without a jacket and no matter how I soon begged and pleaded he wouldn't sell it back!
Taras ca 1988.jpg

I always knew I'd grab another one some day. Even though this 44 1011Z is close, I really think I'm a 42.

Last edited:

pgoat

One Too Many
Bump.

Tried this one on a few times and it's sooo sweet. And dang I wish I had longer arms! It fits so well otherwise :(

Looking for someone taller than me to give this a good home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto