Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcases

Justdog

Practically Family
Briefcase

Got this Tues after an anxious wait. Present for a friend. Not exactly as it was pictured but even better. Just superior quality and value for dollar.

CutomHideBriefcase2.jpg

CutomHideBriefcase3.jpg

CutomHideBriefcase4.jpg

CutomHideBriefcase.jpg

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
BinkieBaumont said:
dark_brown_batchel.jpg

"Batchel" in Dark Vintage Brown you can have it with an added shoulder strap, or straps so as to convert it to a "Back Pack"

PA082102.jpg

"They can have your Name/Initials added in Gold or silver!!"

"Im very happy with my satchel, only problem being I paid extra for my Initials in Silver, which washed off after being caught in the rain a few times:(

3800833672_1abd03fc97.jpg

Richard Warren

Practically Family
The problem with briefcases these days is that so much space is taken up with lap top padding, compartment dividers, pen holders, etc. that there is little room for papers. That all right if what you really want is a a laptop case. If you want a brief case you ought to take a look in person before buying.

Doublegun

Practically Family
I have been carrying my Custom Hide 1945 Computer Bag (identical to the one pictured above) for the past few months and I have no complaints. It does attract attention, that's for sure. Plenty of room for my notebook PC, files and a binder or two without weighting me down. I can only imagine how good it will look as it continues to age.

Edward

Bartender
Shaun Mangan said:
Hi Edward,

Nice wallet! It does have some cool features and I like how compact it is. I've been curious about the button snap feature for some time since it's a nice way to add a little extra security. Is it noticeable? I mean when the wallet is stuffed full, does it poke up or does it stay recessed pretty well? I have to confess that I've never used a money clip before. I need to get one and try using it - get some experience under my belt and make sense of it before I start on developing something similar. Thanks for taking the time with the pictures. It gives me some great ideas!

Thanks!

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

the snap doesn't seem to stick up much - I've not carried more than a couple of cards in it, but I did have the whole thing stuff pretty full while in Beijing (most of the money there is paper - made me feel really rich, having so much - the lowest value paper note here is GBP5; lowest there the equivalent of about GBP0.05!). The design is absolutely fabulous. Obviously the leather isn't quite of the quality that you would be using, but really the one thing that lets it down is that the clip isn't quite as strong as would be ideal, and when fully closed leaves maybe 1/8" gap between leather and clip. Not been a problem for me in use, but were I able to switch it out for something more solid, sturdier, stronger (sprung, maybe?), I would.

Doublegun

Practically Family
I just listed a very neat old brief case/lawyers bag in the Classifieds. I have had the bag for about 18 years but I have not carried it in almost 12 years.

LeatherBriefBag1.jpg

IndianaGeo

New in Town
Which kind of zipper.. Metal or plastic

Hi Loungers,
I'm thinking about getting a briefcase and my understanding that many of the good quality ones I see on various sites appear to use plastic zippers for their inside rear document compartment (Like Custom Hide for example). For some reason, I would have thought the zips would be metal in a good quality case. Are there advantages over metal by using plastic zippers or is this just typically a cheaper manufacturing option? Thx.
IndianaGeo

Southernwayfare

One of the Regulars
Photos of leather briefcases with wear on them - particularly Filson or Saddleback

I'm thinking of investing in a nice leather briefcase. I'm curious to know how the ones I'm interested in will look with some wear on them. Although I don't know if I'll be able to rationalize the cost, I really like the Filson Leather Field Satchel and the Saddleback Briefcases.

Does anyone own one of these beauties? Any photos or experiences with these two items would be appreciated. I own a Filson Large Briefcase/Computer Bag. I've had it for more than five years now and I love it - incredibly well built, nice looking, and getting better with age. I've searched online but can't find any photos of old Filson leather satchels.

Anyone have experience with Saddleback Leather in general? Where are they made?

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There is a very good, highly illustrated thread somewhere on the Flounge that has many pictures of many different fine leather satchels, bags, and briefcases. I'll try to find their links and I'll post them here.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
WWII Briefcase

IMG_3056.jpg
Here is my prized briefcase. The owner gave it to me along with his A2 and other uniforms back in the early 90s. He flew with the 92nd Fames Favored Few. He actually flew with Red Morgan, the Medal of Honour winner that inspired the opening seen of Twelve O'CLOCK High! The copilot that held his mortally wounded pilot to complete the bomb run. Not for sale at any price needless to say!

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stearmen said:
IMG_3056.jpg
Here is my prized briefcase. The owner gave it to me along with his A2 and other uniforms back in the early 90s. He flew with the 92nd Fames Favored Few. He actually flew with Red Morgan, the Medal of Honour winner that inspired the opening seen of Twelve O'CLOCK High! The copilot that held his mortally wounded pilot to complete the bomb run. Not for sale at any price needless to say!

Breathtaking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points