• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Brightly-colored fedoras anyone?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by John the Swede, Dec 4, 2017.

1. John the Swede

John the Swede New in Town

Anybody wear/have/have coming in a nice fedora that's not gray, black, or brown? What colors do you all like and when do you all like to wear them>

Thought this might be interesting...

2. John the Swede

John the Swede New in Town

...or maybe not. lol

3. One of my first fedora purchases was a Beaver brand homburg. In the picture on Ebay it looked like a nice sandy brown and I missed in the description the word "mustard". Well damn if I did not receive a bright mustard coloured homburg with an orange feather....I called it my Crusty the Clown hat and only wore it in the house until finally donating to Goodwill. I am not sure if any self respecting homeless guy would stoop so low as to wear it in public. That is as close as I have come to a brightly coloured fedora!

Redfokker likes this.
  4. moehawk

moehawk My Mail is Forwarded Here

I have a couple of German made hats and one American made in green that could be considered bright. I wear them whenever and wherever I feel like a green hat.

5. Just today I ordered a blue pork pie.
    [​IMG]

6. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy My Mail is Forwarded Here

John The Swede, Eric the Finn here: Tough question from my perspective sir. Check the What Hat Are You Wearing thread as folks wear a bunch of different colored felts. I wear tons of colors. Most fall within the standard variants. A thread like Gannon hats has folks sharing about custom hat felts and may show more color variation than other threads.

Today I wore, brown, gray and blue-gray. Just for giggles here is an older pic of some custom Gannon hats:

[​IMG]

Best, Eric -

7. DOGMAN

DOGMAN Practically Family

Here is my red conversion.[​IMG][​IMG]

8. I have a blue straw with a burgundy ribbon. It's not uber-bright, but definitely not as understated as the rest of my hats.

20170728_141735_crop_400x356.jpg

9. I have a navy/midnight blue moder Borsalino, along with a couple of hats in a light tan, including an Akubra Campdraft Deluxe in Silverbelly. I'd quite like a burgundy fedora. I wish they did the Federation in a Forest Green too.

10. Desert dog

Desert dog A-List Customer

Beautiful ribbon work! Looks like a good Christmas hat.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

11. Probably the brightest I have is a green Selentino Pine. I save it for St. Patties Day. I just unloaded an Air Force Blue western conversion because I never wore it.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Redfokker, LuvMyMan and Desert dog like this.
  12. Penman was making a Fedora in "Superman Blue"....and I think he also made a hat in a bright yellowish color a "Dick Tracy" hat?

Redfokker likes this.
  13. This picture is so nice, hats like tree ornaments!

14. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy My Mail is Forwarded Here

Excellent idea! I will have to make time for a hat family pic.

Redfokker and Desert dog like this.
  15. DOGMAN

DOGMAN Practically Family

Christmas,Valentine's day.Really any day I feel like wearing it.

viclip, RJR and Desert dog like this.
  16. Lefty W.

Lefty W. One of the Regulars

A596D8A5-9372-4264-8317-30B52729C299.jpeg 5794539F-0606-4140-AC31-0BE121F670E8.jpeg

... just another day at the office ...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 12:04 AM
  17. Wesslyn

Wesslyn Practically Family

Here's a couple of Penmans from their site. The aforementioned Dick Tracy, and The Spirit.

b50d5d1cdae8773e91aaf0aa619fef04.jpeg
    f2810609121de51279f9253cd408551a.jpeg

18. Hurricane Jack

Hurricane Jack I'll Lock Up

[​IMG]

AbbaDatDeHat, viclip, Wesslyn and 2 others like this.
  19. I have a few bright/odd colors, but I rarely wear them.

Green Beaver Brand Homburg:
    [​IMG]

Light blue Selentino (Tonak fur felt):
    [​IMG]

Darker, but not navy, blue and a gold/yellow/pumpkin. Both also Selentino:

[​IMG]

I posted the last two a few months ago at:
    http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/post-new-hats-here.28145/page-1731#post-2303117

Aside from Halloween, I don't know where I'd wear a hat that wasn't more a part of the standard palette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy and BobHufford like this.
  20. Wesslyn

Wesslyn Practically Family

prince-rock-roll-hall-of-fame.jpg Joker.jpg
    I don't know how I feel about bright colored hats. They're a little bit impractical unless they're part of a whole ensemble. I have a difficult enough time matching my greys and browns. But I gotta say, when someone pulls off the look, boy do they pull off the look!