• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

British Eccentric of the Year 2009

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Charlie Huang, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Charlie Huang

Charlie Huang Practically Family

2. What Oh!

Sorry old bean, had to vote for Dame Vivien Westwood.

[​IMG]

3. I'm torn between:
    a) the guy who had the 1937 Bugatti in his barn for decades and never told a soul.
    b) the guy who had the 1938 Bugatti in his barn for decades and never told a soul.
    (Was owning a Bugatti a social faux pas at one time?)

4. reetpleat

reetpleat Call Me a Cab

Your friend is one of maybe two I would consider voting for. An eccentric should not be confused with a self promoter. an eccentric does what he or she does for their own reasons, not for recognition or art, or anything else dependent on an outside observer. Your freind seems a classic eccentric.

5. reetpleat

reetpleat Call Me a Cab

Perhaps I spoke too soon. It seems, by their own definition, that they are somehow attempting to change the meaning of eccentric. Kind of dissappointing. It seems to me, they are confusing eccentrics with artists of some sort.

6. [​IMG]

Anyone who can carry on the proud tradition of Lord Plushbottom in this day and age definitely gets my vote.

7. shortbow

shortbow Practically Family

I'm with you reetpleat. A true eccentric would not only not care what others think, he would be oblivious as to why he would be considered as such.

8. A young "punk" Dame Viv circa 1977

[​IMG]

Who in 1977 would have thought a "Punk" would one day be a "Dame" Angie was probably aching to be Dame Angie Bowie

9. Charlie Huang

Charlie Huang Practically Family

The winner was announced and my friend came fourth place!

[​IMG]

Oh well...