Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

indycop

I'll Lock Up
2 Moore from Mike on my girls! They were having a great time at his shop and he just gave the hats to them! :eek: :eusa_clap

P8110157.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I'm with RBH -- I love that one!

BobC -- Congrats on the new lids! Absolutely gorgeous, each and every one. The black lid with the silver ribbon looks just outstanding on you. What a great day, to get three lids like that all at the same time. Wear them in good health -- I know you will. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
portolan said:
Can't wait to see what Santa brings me from Covington!

Word has it, port, that you've been pretty good this year.

Thanks to all of you for your kindness. Gene, RBH, Mr. P, NB, V-man, Bolt, and Jim, thank you.

I'm glad to see Major Moore get some attention here. He deserves it because he really is a stand up guy, and he is making us some very fine hats.

Tonight the black is on my noggin because it goes with my black fleece kickin' back pants and my red fleece kickin' back t-shirt. lol The other reason it's up there is because it feels so good I hardly know it's there, but they all do.

BobC

RBH said:
The more I look at this one the more I love it!!!!
Super fedora Bob!!!!!

RBH, the brown has a wider brim than the others and wider than any other hat I have. I measured it at right at 3 inches. I like the way it looks on.

It was so nice of Mike to make me that hat. I offered to pay him for it because I thought it was so much above and beyond necessary for him to do that, but he won't take any money for it. I'm impressed, and he's got a customer here if he likes it or not. lol lol lol

jonbuilder

fowl weather

BobC said:
There were two other hats in the box today, too. One was a vintage hat that I had some problems with. I had worn it out one day and gave it a good sweat and then it rained and the hat got a good soak and so did I. When the hat dried out, the sweatband curled up into a tube and got to be as brittle as glass, the hat shrunk at least a full size and the ribbon was stained with who knows what. I sent the hat to Mike and asked him if he could fix it for me. The hat gave him more trouble, and as he pulled it onto a block to restretch it, it tore at the crease between the brim and crown. He had warned me that the felt was old and might be weak and asked me what I wanted to do and I told him to go ahead and do what he could with it. If most people were involved that would be the end of the story and I wouldn't have expected more, but not the Major. Major Moore made me a replacement hat and sent it to me free of charge.

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

He told me he made this one from an old body he'd had for a while and that I could use it for a fowl weather hat. I don't think so. I think it's way too nice for that. I have other hats that can be fowl weather hats.

How many people would go to that length to take care of a customer? Not many, I say.

Thank you, Major. I'm looking forward to shaking your hand one of these days. And thank you for these hats. I'm going back to the mirror.
Bob
The entire group of major’s hat looks great on you good job. My favorite is fowl weather

Stoney

Practically Family
Great Idea

dedicating a thread to Mike's hats. He is a super guy, has helped me quite a bit in my endeavors, and he does make some swell lids. These all look fantastic.

BobC

RBH said:
So ... we finally know what makes IC smile!!!! lol

A Buckaroo Hatters hat! :D

That's the closest thing to a smile I've seen on him. He didn't even smile after he went to Krispy Kreme. :eek: :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Is the Ranger a light weight too?

Don't forget 1912 again, We may have to repo that one!
Ya know you might get the curse of Ra for covering that statue...lol

BobC

thanks for posting yours, Dee.

Rusty, that's a start. Will you show us your Ranger pin?

BobC

jonbuilder said:
Bob
The entire group of major’s hat looks great on you good job. My favorite is fowl weather

thanks, JB. It's way too nice to be a fowl weather hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points