Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cal-Leather

Yea, their lapd is about a couple hundred more than a Columbia. It comes standard with the fur collar and sam brown belt

The heritage seems kinda up there though. Aside from the HH its an extra $795 just for the different front pocket design ... wat

I think it's just one or two people making these jackets though. When i called it sounded like i was talking to the owner and the seamstress
I pretty sure that is who you were talking too. Which is all kinds of awesome. Would love to see some modern Cals around here!!

I've had a custom Vanson, (in fact Kim Vanson took my measurements in person,) and the jacket they sent me didn't fit right at all...way too tight. So I ended up selling it and taking a big loss. Consequently, I would not order another custom from Vanson.
I've found that the level and accuracy of "customization" varies from maker to maker. So you definitely have to factor that, and the learning curve into the "price".

In the case of Cal Leathers, Gwen measured me, and then sent me a fit jacket, and then after that, a second fit jacket just to be sure...and then some final measurements when I stopped by the shop in Ventura. She also put up with all my numerous changes and indecision. So the level of customization with Cal Leathers has far exceeded my expectations.
Surprised Vanson stuck you with it...I had a similar experience and they issued me a full refund. I also learned I don't need that level from them. Their standard pattern fits me just fine.

willyto

One Too Many
That pullover is freaking cool

012c3620c933965e4bab6e1b30b7d939e19a771e9b.jpg

0166b74625cb52007090214dc95e7c40bc79f9d866.jpg

Americanaaa Mark

A-List Customer
Well 2995 - 700 = 2295 for horse

Then 2295 - 1500 for the standard lapd = 795

795 for just the different front pockets and cuffs on the heritage.......

01flhr

One of the Regulars
I just called langlitz last week to get a price on a pocket columbia and was told under 1400 in my size. Im only saying at 2300 the value doesnt justify the cost in my eyes

mihai

A-List Customer
The Heritage model resembles to LW Trojan (except 1 less pocket). Personally liking more the Trojan jacket. Back is much nicer.
I love the LAPD jacket. Cal leather are great value for this price when going custom. But I have no big need to do so, therefore I can't justify this price for me.
I really want a CHIPS jacket, probably I'll go with LW. Has all elements of the classic CHIPS. Plus the symmetrical pattern makes it more discrete.

I guess they have plenty of demand, since they are able to keep this price level.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
There prices are a joke. 3 Grand for a D-Pocket with your initials in the belt. You could get a Langlitz and 2 Vansons for that!! Gimme a break!!

hidden buttons on the collar?

you think its a genuine cal leather or were there other makers making copy cat jackets?
There were others but from the looks of it I'd say it's a Cal. They did hide the buttons under the lapels and collar. Lancer leathers, Louis the tailor and others made copies but you can kind of just tell a Cal from the looks of the hide.

technovox

One Too Many
You can get a new one for 800$ so beats me why the seller would sell it for 750$ quite beaten up.
Sure. But also factor in that the one on ebay is probably the more desired horsehide. Also it has arm and shoulder pads which are extra, and it has the older Talon zippers. But most of all, some collectors prefer that cool vintage broken-in look, and don't have the 40 or 50 years it would take if they bought a shiny new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko