Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calling on all Aero Highwayman owners...

Good day.

Quick question for HWM owners; what is the current chest and waist measurement on a standard HWM jacket in sizes 38 and 40? Also, do you know perhaps what length would be most suitable for this style of jacket?

Thanks!

That's a Carrie question ;-)
But in general, I find them an inch too short in body and sleeve. I'm 5'11".
I think 24" is standard (sleeve/length).

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I remember (could be wrong) them quoting the pit-pit of a size 38 at 22.5" across. The real thing came in at around 23.5". You'll definitely want a size 36 if you have around a 40 chest or a 38 for a 42 chest.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Here was my size 38 I eventually sold. It fit well everywhere else but the waist (as you can see here). Absolutely beautiful jacket. It was an emotional experience, as it took a lot of willpower, second guessing, and general OCD insanity to finally let go of it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 1,419

nick123

I'll Lock Up
If I could go back in time, I'd have kept it. So you could theoretically only size down one size and have a less than perfect fit with the belts fastened, but plenty of room for layering. Again, the most beautiful jacket I've ever owned. Why does this sound like reminiscing about an ex? lol

Nick... The beauty of that jacket almost outweighs the fit. Almost... Though I can imagine you miss her greatly. :( Is that HH? Standard brown? Cordovan?

Thanks for the numbers, keep 'em coming!

What about the waist? Mendel, mate? :D

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Nick... The beauty of that jacket almost outweighs the fit. Almost... Though I can imagine you miss her greatly. :( Is that HH? Standard brown? Cordovan?

Thanks for the numbers, keep 'em coming!

What about the waist? Mendel, mate? :D

Standard brown hh. Carrie said it was " one of the nicest shades" she'd seen when she put up the photos on the Insurrection thread. That I'll agree with.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Here was my size 38 I eventually sold. It fit well everywhere else but the waist (as you can see here). Absolutely beautiful jacket. It was an emotional experience, as it took a lot of willpower, second guessing, and general OCD insanity to finally let go of it.

Did you use the side adjusters?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm sure I've said this at least a dozen times before but the highwayman just doesn't look good on a slim guy imo.

I couldn't offload my Roadster fast enough (and they are supposed to be slimmer than the highwayman!) but I dont regret my sale, unlike nick123. Its just way too boxy in the waist and I personally don't think sizing down in the shoulders/chest is going to "fix" that if you have anything like an athletic shape.

Why not get a sheene styled like a highwayman with the single pointed rear yoke? or a half belt or a premier highwayman? I just think with the options available today, a slim guy can simply get a much better fit with a different jacket while still keeping a similar "style" as the highwayman.

Peacoat

Bartender
My Highwayman is tagged a size 42. I have a size 42" chest. The jacket was tight through the chest when I first got it, but I spent quite a bit of time stretching that area. It now is a good fit in the chest. The p2p is 24.25, after stretching.

The back measures 24.5, and is the perfect length for my 6.0' frame.

I agree the fit of the HYM isn't complimentary of a rather slender frame. Even with my side buckles adjusted in, there is still a lot of material above the buckles. I have about a 6" drop from chest to waist, and like my jackets tapered accordingly. The HWYM doesn't have much of a taper.

The Sheene that Wade and Carrie got for me is a good fit all over and is my go to jacket in temps above freezing (when I don't choose a peacoat). Below freezing and I reach for the ThuderBay, also obtained through W&C, which is another perfect fit.

So, I agree with the poster above, for a slender frame, go with the Sheene.

Edward

Bartender
The Sheene would be an excellent choice for anyone who likes the style of the Highwayman, but doesn't want the fit. As I have often said, the boxy fit of the HWM is an itegral part of the design. If that's not your bag, start with a jacket that fits the way you want. Otherwise, you're essentially buying a Rolls Royce and complaining it's not a motorcycle.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The Sheene is nice, but there's something really classic about the Highwayman. I'll have another go at one eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk