• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Camp Ironsights

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Renault, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Big Man

Big Man My Mail is Forwarded Here

I see she's carrying the gun. I assume that's to keep you in line. :)

Renault likes this.
  2. Yes Sarge!!! Absolutely!!!

Big Man! I had the honor of being the gun bearer for the Memsaab!

Big Man likes this.
  3. Leaving for mountains of New Mexico tomorrow night. Stated convocation of Camp Ironsights all week! Plenty old wore out iron and wood to be tested and shot!!!

I'll try to get snap a few photos!!! Be back in a week!

Bob

4. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

I'm glad she's able to make the trip.

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did t take one photo! Compadrs sent me these two from last week

hatsRme, jlw, TPD166 and 3 others like this.
  6. Washin' breakfast dishes!

[​IMG]

7. Looking good my friend. That is a fine rifle and I am loving the campaign hat!.

Renault likes this.
  8. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

+1,nice pics and looks like a great time.

Renault likes this.
  9. Been gone a while. So don't pay the ransom, they turned me loose when it got daylight and they saw what they had! ;)

Back from the mountings of Colorado. Larder is full of elk. Taken this year with open sighted 1895 Winchester, .35 WCF.

This one!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  10. Oh, well done Renault. I'm not sure I'll get out for a hunt this year but next? Canada geese and pheasant beware! I have a new dog, a standard poodle puppy who shows remarkable promise. We shall see . . .

Renault likes this.
  11. Hey Sarge! Next stop for me will be south Texas and quail! They are much easier to pack than an elk critter! :D pretty tasty too!

TPD166 and Oldsarge like this.
  12. Yeah, and you don't have to wonder what you're going to do with a whole elk. I shot a bison one year and it took my late wife and I over a year to eat it even though we gave gobs of it away. A quail or two I can eat by myself.

Renault likes this.
  13. Oh! Elk is cut up or ground up and in the freezer. 91 lbs hamburger, 30 lbs pan sausage and a bunch of steaks!!!! I know what's gonna happen to it. Once my little Carnivore grandchildren get ahold of it! :D. They love it!!!

Oldsarge likes this.
  14. I'd need to find a homeless or battered women's shelter. And such to exist in Portland . . .

15. Big Man

Big Man My Mail is Forwarded Here

I keep coming back to this thread because I sure do like "the look" Renault has developed.

Here I am a couple years ago (well, ok, about 35 years ago). I sure do wish I could recreate that look - in more ways than one.

[​IMG]

16. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

;) I know the feeling all too well.

Big Man likes this.
  17. Hello the camp!

Been busy with all the things that make life
    so dang interesting. Did manage to get to the south Texas place for a quick and quiet retreat. No quail anywhere, Sarge! Too many hogs!! Think they've done a number on the population. But I did score a nilgai cow with the 9.3x62.

Hope all had pleasant Christmas.

Happy New Year!

Renault

niv, TPD166 and Big Man like this.
  18. Yeah, hogs are a plague . . . until they hit the BBQ!

19. greatestescaper

greatestescaper One of the Regulars

Hogs are tough, and always on the move. Suddenly this past year we've started seeing sign, and spotting hogs closer and closer to Alpine. Working their way over ranches and farms.

20. I hate to sound unsympathetic but we've had that problem in California for about three hundred years. Fortunately they haven't shown up in Oregon . . . yet!