Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camptown #15

indycop

I'll Lock Up
What a birthday! My Camptown finally arrived, I got a new cell phone, and there are two more hats awaiting at the post office! And that's all the stuff I bought !:D
Anyway about all I can say about it right now is it fits. Its only been out of the box a few minutes! I can tell it is of great quality and my plan was after playing with my akubra i was not going to baby this thing. Now that i'm holding it i am scared to mess with it. I am going to mess with the bash tonight. The pics I have here are straight out of the box pics. I am going to try to get the bash close to the brown one's.

P1010055.jpg

Akubra federation, Camptown,and peters brothers.

P1010056.jpg

P1010057.jpg

P1010059.jpg

I will post pics on my head after playing with the bash.:D

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Damn fine looking hat man. I just may need to get one of those. How is the felt? Is the body soft and supple or loaded down with stiffener? I have seen quite a few Camptowns here and they all look really nice.

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
It's a beauty, and fits in well with your other two hats in that picture...All nice!!

Congrats on the Camptown......Look forward to seeing your bash and then some pics of you wearing it!

deanglen

Impressive. Very impressive. Obi-Wan has taught you well! The force is strong with this one! Excellent hats and nice photos. Happy B-day, indeed!

dean

indycop

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
Damn fine looking hat man. I just may need to get one of those. How is the felt? Is the body soft and supple or loaded down with stiffener? I have seen quite a few Camptowns here and they all look really nice.
Out of the box it is stiffer than my peters brothers was, which I know has a reputation for being stiff. I can't explain this, but I can tell that this felt is definitely superior to any thing i have so far and can become nice and soft with a little working. I am a little intimidated to crush it right now, like I did my akubra. i am going to play with the bash tonight and maybe the brim. Also my PB was super stiff and has since softened up wonderfully.
Maybe I should just sit on it and get it over with!lol :eek:

fatwoul

Practically Family
Good to see it arrived safe and sound. It looks absolutely splendid. Perhaps a little wider than the other two at the moment, but that will sort itself out with wear.

Good idea photographing it with the others - I'm sure that will help other people get an idea what the Metro is like.

This has made my wait for my Fieldmaster all the more painful. lol

Oh, and happy birthday. :D

LEUII

One of the Regulars
The more I see those Camptowns the more I want one. Splendid looking hat.

I also like your using the sheetrock corner bead for drip edge on the dog house! A man after my own heart-let nothing go to waste.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
LEUII said:
The more I see those Camptowns the more I want one. Splendid looking hat.

I also like your using the sheetrock corner bead for drip edge on the dog house! A man after my own heart-let nothing go to waste.
the thing is he doesn't use it! He is so spoiled he sleeps in bed with us![huh] I also have a nice aluminum double dog box but he rides in the truck!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations & Happy Birthday IC!:eusa_clap Maybe mine will be on the stoop when I get home. That would make for a very happy Friday!:)
Well sir, yours looks fantastic, I can't wait to see it on you knoggin.

Douglas, I believe you would thoroughly enjoy one if you get a Camptown.

Cheers!

Dan

DOUGLAS

I wonder if I could ask to have less stiffener put in.[huh]
My interest is pricked

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
I wonder if I could ask to have less stiffener put in.[huh]
My interest is pricked

Douglas: The early models of the Fieldmaster were somewhat stiff but nowhere near as stiff as a modern cowboy hat. If I remember correctly the current production is even less stiff than those. They will carry some amount of stiffness to them but with a bit of handeling & shaping to your liking they soften up considerably and hold their shape rather well.
I have one of the early Fieldmasters and it is now soft but still springy and has a nice snap to the brim & crown but not floppy. I think you'd be happy with it.

Cheers!

Dan

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I've wet the whole thing down and pinched the front more and the dents. If it dries how it is sitting it will be bashed exactly like my pb! I made some taper (which i like) in it going so deep with the dents. As soon as I wet it it got soo soft! As soon as it dries I will take pics wearing it.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points