Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canvas Hunting Jackets

Jay

Practically Family
My current jacket is one that my Dad bought around 1960 for duck hunting however the sleeves are starting to get short on me. It's unlined and has a pouch on the inside for birds. Do any of you guys know if anyone besides Carhart makes a canvas jacket like this?

Bebop

Practically Family
I bought mine 4 or 5 years ago from Orvis. It has large pockets, is flannel lined and has pouches for game on the back inside and outside of the jacket. It was about $189 and well worth it. It is very thick canvas with leather trim. I don't know if they still offer it but they have always had some sort of hunting jacket. I would try Orvis.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
From LL Bean. Mine is about 8 years old and is tough as can be.

From $79

L14007_Brush_Brown.jpg

Jay

Practically Family
Thanks a lot guys. The Pointer one is real cheap but I'm kind of partial to the L. L. Bean model.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
scotrace said:
From LL Bean. Mine is about 8 years old and is tough as can be.

From $79

L14007_Brush_Brown.jpg
That's my jacket, exactly, color and all. I've been wearing that thing for about 5 years now, and it hasn't shown a sign of age. My first barn jacket was a cheapie that I wasn't sure I'd like, but after wearing it out, I swore I would never be without one again. My wife got me the LL Bean version, and I'll swear again that I'll never be without one again (though that may take a while longer than the first one). It's probably the most versatile coat I own, though here in the desert it passes for my winter jacket.

My only complaint: no inside pockets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk