Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cary Grant vs. Sean Connery Suits

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
HMMMMmm

Grant

carygrant-iwasamalewarbride.jpg

NOT to be taken for Grant-ED Solid Citizen lol

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Sefton said:
The key to bringing off a really smashing post-apocalyptic man-cloth is proper accessorizing with right sort of firearm. Sir Sean looks smart and confident with his revolver while future NRA man Mr.Heston opts for a simpler looks sans ammo belts: ready for the beach or just a lazy afternoon of gun sport with the local hippies...
Charlton-Heston---Planet-of-the-Ape.jpg

Well done, Sefton! lol :eusa_clap

cgab1

One of the Regulars
cary_grant_2.jpg

I think that I'll try to throw this outfit together for myself. Anyone care to offer a guess on what kind of shoes that he's wearing?

David V

A-List Customer
The obvious difference 'tween Grant and Connery is that Grant's wardrobe was, for the most part , his wardrobe. Connery's Bond wardrobe was the first two, chosen by the director and for the rest; costume designers.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Don't forget Douglas Fairbanks Jr, and the ever impeccable Mr. Fred Astaire.

Mr. Astaire may have beat Cary this one by a few years. He did the very same as you mention here, dressing the same privately as publicly. Astaire started his much admired Saville Row-mixed-with pure-American style in his early twenties. That would be 1921-1921. His incredible and unique fashion style never wavered over the years.

Dan D said:
Cary Grant was also, I think, the first male Hollywood star to carry his on-screen sartorial perfection into his off-screen life as well; he dressed in the same manner publically and privately - in as much as a much-photographed icon is ever living 'privately' - such that the boundaries between the two states became indistinct. The image he created for himself in the public eye he also maintained outside the camera:

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
a bit :eek:fftopic:

Grant or Sir Connery, who had better suits i really don't know... but i thought it is interesting that the luxury house Louis Vuitton :D signed legendary James Bond as the latest face of the brand.

Here he is, looking great, in this relaxed, comfy looking photo....;) :D

sean-connery-for-louis-vuitton.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Like Mr. Grant did, Mr. Connery has aged very well. Pierce Brosnan is doing the same...

HadleyH said:
a bit :eek:fftopic:

Grant or Sir Connery, who had better suits i really don't know... but i thought it is interesting that the luxury house Louis Vuitton :D signed legendary James Bond as the latest face of the brand.

Here he is, looking great, in this relaxed, comfy looking photo....;) :D

sean-connery-for-louis-vuitton.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
Like Mr. Grant did, Mr. Connery has aged very well.

Oh yes! he has ,hasn't he? I didn't even noticed he was aging... nor should i care... because if that is aging, well bring it on LOL :plol .... he looks so good in that Louis Vuitton picture! ;) :D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Hollywood tidbit.

Sean Connery would regularly have written into his contracts that he may have four copies of any wardrobe garment. Seems that he has four homes and travel between them is much more enjoyable when luggage isn't required.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HadleyH said:

Can you believe Sean Connery is 78? He looks damn good for his age and Louis Vuitton must think so too. The luxury brand have enlisted the help of our favourite 007 to be the new face of its, “Core Values Campaign”.

Shot by Annie Leibovitz, Connery is pictured looking oh so cool and relaxed by the dock near his home in the Bahamas with his Louis Vuitton travel bag and wearing a panama hat, a polo neck and rolled-up chinos.

The ad reads, “There are journeys that turn into legends.” Of Connery as the face of the campaign, Vuitton’s director of communications Antoine Arnault said,

Read more: http://www.myfashionlife.com/archiv...ouis-vuittons-next-top-model/#ixzz0L3JMGrMb&C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana